NEED HELP Wiring Halos

SnowBlazer

Original poster
Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
You guys know of a good place to wire halos? I've thought about an add a fuse to #32 in the front fuse box so ideally they will come on with the headlights but I'm not sure if that'll work. I don't want them always running and don't want to run a switch just for these little guys.
Thanks guys!
Ryan

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Personally I'd wire them in with the running / marker lights and flip the headlight switch to just have those lights on without headlights. They can be hard to see with the headlights on.

Switchbacks to match them would be a bonus as well.

SnowBlazer

Original poster
Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Personally I'd wire them in with the running / marker lights and flip the headlight switch to just have those lights on without headlights. They can be hard to see with the headlights on.

Switchbacks to match them would be a bonus as well.
I'm just gonna pick up some ebay specials with an integrated led strip for the blinkers. I mean, I could solder the halos into my blinker wires. That would be the easiest I suppose. But, I am running resistors for the blinkers since I had switch backs at one point in time. Not sure if that would be too much load on thise little wires.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
So the big question is, when exactly do you want them running? Do it the way you want it, not the way that's easiest. :twocents:

The load resistors would have no bearing on the halos. Those are for tricking the flasher module into seeing more load than is actually required so you don't get hyper flash.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Add a fuse to something that's on with key on, then go from there. Drls.

richphotos

Feb 26, 2016
St. Louis Park, MN
Its usually a pretty common practice to wire these up with the marker/running lights.
that way they will only come on if you turn them on during the day, or they will come on with your headlights if you have auto headlights.

CarlosDanger

Feb 13, 2016
Northern Nevada
Add a fuse to something that's on with key on, then go from there. Drls.

This is kinda what I am doing. I am not doing halos, but rather a LED strip to be DRLs. My plan is to wire them into a circuit that is hot when the engine is running, so they can be on without any other lights, but then I am installing a relay to turn them off when the headlights come on, sort of how the factory lights work on cars that come with them stock. Still working on a plan to turn each side off when the blinkers are on.

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I did the add a fuse for my LED running lights so they are key on

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
This is kinda what I am doing. I am not doing halos, but rather a LED strip to be DRLs. My plan is to wire them into a circuit that is hot when the engine is running, so they can be on without any other lights, but then I am installing a relay to turn them off when the headlights come on, sort of how the factory lights work on cars that come with them stock. Still working on a plan to turn each side off when the blinkers are on.

Any Update on this? Sounds like a really cool project, one I would like to have :2thumbsup:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online