Wire regular antenna to the sharkfin satelite atenna

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Is there any way that the reg. antenna can be wired up to the sharkfin antenna? I can't do the antenna delete cuz the radio doesn't come in worth a shit where I live. SUCKS!! And I listen to the radio all the time. So can anyone help me out?? Hopefully this can be done.....

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
silvernclean said:
Is there any way that the reg. antenna can be wired up to the sharkfin antenna? I can't do the antenna delete cuz the radio doesn't come in worth a shit where I live. SUCKS!! And I listen to the radio all the time. So can anyone help me out?? Hopefully this can be done.....

Attach some wire to the wire at the bottom of the antenna base, then run that wire up under the windshield molding. Hidden antenna

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
That was one of my 1st mods. Signal didn't come in very good. I ripped my cowl too messing with this mod so much. Lol. (Where the rubber and plastic meet). Would speaker wire be ok?

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
silvernclean said:

Jeff my hubby and I have been playing around with a few idea's to do the same thing. We are hoping by the time we come up with a definite solution, we may be able to do a complete antenna delete with the addition to the sharkfin antenna. The process has been slow, but there has got to be a way to do it. I'm going to be talking about this mod with a few friends of mine that are highly mechanically inclined to get their opinion, and see what we can come up with. I'm hoping in another few weeks we will have something, unless of course someone already beat us to it...which in that case they should share lol :biggrin:

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Alright I said fuck it. Chopped off my shorty antenna. Sandwich some speaker wire with the antenna stud I cut and ran the wire up the windsheild weatherstrip. Seems to work.
ad709c55-26e9-94d2.jpg
ad709c55-26fc-6a6e.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DirtEater73

Members Online

No members online now.