Windshield Washer tank leak

Jayman

Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
Hey everyone!
I just completed installation of a new remanufactured GM power steering pump and it went very well. I did not remove the windshield washer tank, but did loosen it so that it could be moved to get the pump out. Now I've noticed the tank is leaking at the bottom of what appears to be one of the washer pumps. Anyone experienced this and knows if there's a fix, or where it's actually leaking from? 8765387655

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Try reseating the pump to make sure that it isn't just dislodged.

Barring that, it may have gotten cracked at the joint.

Jayman

Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
Okay can certainly try that. How does it come off?

cornchip

Jan 6, 2013
I changed my rear pump late last fall. Now the front pump is leaking. The rubber seals dry up with time/shrink when cold and have to be changed out. Typically they come with a new pump. Real easy job.

freddyboy61

Dec 4, 2011
I had to change one of my pumps, the housing had cracked. Don't forget that the pumps are different part numbers (at least on my XL)

Jayman

Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
Appreciate the replies guys. Does anyone know how to remove this pump and also what it's called (front or rear etc)?
Thanks!

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Might be the photo, but that upper radiator hose looks to be bulging a bit, and it's likely the one that came from the factory. A new one might be in order -?

Aaramill

Dec 19, 2014
I had a pump leak & I fixed a friend’s tank using a pack of Sugru—put some tape over it. Sugru has held for 5 years. I read that it is strong enough to patch a propane tank.

Reactions: Jayman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online