Wind Deflector

Team Dougherty

Original poster
May 22, 2012
Over the summer I got rid of my popup and moved to an 18TT. The travel Trailer sticks above my Envoy causing a lot of drag. I knew that going in that my mileage would suffer due to the upgrade.

My question is. Has anyone used a wind deflector on your envoy? Did it help? is there one specifically for the envoy? I was thinking of getting this one http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/aeroplus-wind-deflector/82336 any thought?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
There used to be GMT360 specific spoilers that mounted around the 3rd brake light, but they've been out of production for years and are nearly impossible to find. Plus they were WAY smaller than the one you linked to.

Can't recall any of the few members who had one, getting it for towing purposes, was always an appearance mod. :twocents:

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Holy triple post @Blckshdw :poke:

@Capote has a spoiler and I've seen them stock on Bravada's in Colorado. Might just be a one year run but they do make the kind Carlton is talking about. I've since forgotten the part number but I might be able to dig it up. It's one of those parts that you have to look up on eBay with the part number. I'll report back with findings! :smile:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
They did not make GMT360 spoilers for hauling trailers that I recall.

Moore

Sep 8, 2016
Oregon
That's one of those things that I look at as to the cost and install. How much use it will get used vs everyday use of vehicle. Than what will it really do to get better mpg. Just to tell you my personal tests. With my F350 pulling my 28ft TT to the coast. I will get around 12mpg. Than same road, distance and speed pull my 18ft boat. I will get about 12mpg. TT is 7900lbs, boat is 3800lbs. Both 2 axle trailers. Boat has a windshield but still maybe half frontal area as TT. I have also checked mpg with tailgate up or down and with a canopy on or off. Not much change of mpg. Less than 1 on any tests I have done. Now if I pull the TT on I84 in high head winds for 200 miles the mpg get below 9. Never had that happen with the boat.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.