Wifes new ride 2004 Tahoe z71

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva

Well after looking for one of these for the past year and a half my wife finally found a tahoe that was in good condition and reasonably priced. 109K miles and overall in decent shape. It has a couple of small boo boos but that can be expected in a 10 year old vehicle.

It had hideous head lights and tail lights so those things were replaced with clear headlights and LED tails.

5.3 under the hood.

She wanted every option that my TB didn't have. Leather, heated/memory seats, adjustable pedals, auto hvac, dic/steering wheel controls, moon roof, temp thingy in rear view mirror, color matched trim, and the BOSE system. I told her the cupholders were heated she just had to find the switch.

Even the passenger seat is power/heated.

Plenty of room for our 30lb toddler. For now at least.

Plenty of room for toddler things.

She always liked the look of lifted trucks that she would see at meets.

I've got a few things to do to her. Gotta get quad beams, some LED work, and get a remote start in it. I told her from the start that if she wants to change anything in the bose system, she has to replace everything. To be honest the bose system isn't terrible.

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva

Changed the oil in her today and snapped some pics.

Every car should be like this.

A drain plug on the trans pan? SWEET!

Tahoes with 5.3 flex fuel have a serviceable filter.

Not a fan of the rear hvac setup.

It has one of these things. F$#% these things.

Yuck! These things got to go.

I found this Tahoe LT (on right) on the way home from the shop. You can see some of the differences in the trim.

Stock Tahoe tail lights (this is the one on the right in the last pic). Amber turn in the rear and red in the turn signal in the mirror. I like the red/red we got going on a lot more. :yes:

Reactions: dmanns67 and Mounce

Sir ffeJ

Dec 1, 2011
Nice truck indeed. One vote for rear wiper mod.

Reactions: MAY03LT

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Aarkon said:
Clean looking truck
Thanks! We looked at a lot of these and this was the best one of them all.

Sir ffeJ said:
Nice truck indeed. One vote for rear wiper mod.
Thanks! Looks like I've got some searching to do because now that you mention it the rear wiper is kinda dinky.

Mounce said:
Looks good boss! :tiphat: Just did a 6-hi mod in one of those today :yes:
Thanks! I know who I'm asking for help now. :cool: :thumbsup:

Reactions: Aarkon and Mounce

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
MAY03LT said:
Thanks! I know who I'm asking for help now. :cool: :thumbsup:
Have you done it on your TB? It's easier than that...on the TB one of the relays is a few inches away from the others and requires an extension wire but on the Tahoe they're all beside each other. (did it through the relays in the fuse box with two 1N4004 diodes.)

-first time ever doing the mod and it took me 5 minutes.

Reactions: MAY03LT

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
It is hard to find those years in as good a shape as that my old lady's dad has an 02 with 180,000 miles I did all new brakes shocks and a full tune up on that he wants to give to his youngest teen daughter I keep trying to buy it but he won't budge I hate seeing kids ruin a good truck it runs like new now

Reactions: Mounce

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Nice looking truck! Looks like those tails are from an older Escalade...in their ugly years. :thumbsup:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
You got me wanting to get rid of the TB and get a Hoe!

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Mounce said:
Have you done it on your TB? It's easier than that...on the TB one of the relays is a few inches away from the others and requires an extension wire but on the Tahoe they're all beside each other. (did it through the relays in the fuse box with two 1N4004 diodes.)

-first time ever doing the mod and it took me 5 minutes.
I've done several lighting mods in the TB but they were unnecessarily overly complicated LOL.

Aarkon said:
It is hard to find those years in as good a shape as that my old lady's dad has an 02 with 180,000 miles I did all new brakes shocks and a full tune up on that he wants to give to his youngest teen daughter I keep trying to buy it but he won't budge I hate seeing kids ruin a good truck it runs like new now
Yup you should have seen some of the "gems": we looked at. We drove an hour to see one and it looked like an animal went to town with the leather seats. And they wouldn't budge on $16K lmao

r1894 said:
Nice looking truck! Looks like those tails are from an older Escalade...in their ugly years. :thumbsup:
Thanks! For as many types of tails that there are these were the only ones that looked decent to me.

djthumper said:
Nice find!
Thanks man!

Matt said:
You got me wanting to get rid of the TB and get a Hoe!
Don't you dare! :raspberry: :cool:

Reactions: Matt and Aarkon

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
100_2650.JPG

I don't know how I forgot this pic. I tried out Samsung 5630SMDs for the reverse lights. These things put the LEDs in the TB to shame. There is still some more LEDing to do.

SnowBlazer said:
Whoops. Didn't mean to sound like an ass and diss your wife's Tahoe...sorry about that
It's all good man :cool:

One of my customers thought I took them off of my pickup

smokey262 said:
That's a nice ride.
Thanks!

Knucklehead

Jul 23, 2014
Looking good. We've own(ed) 5 of these things.

I have done most mods to these truck/SUVs. Te day I get it I'll rear into it to do my 6high mod and AHL/DRL delete.

Just finished installing an ipod hook up in my 03. I didn't want to spend 100+ dollars on a plug and play one when I can do it for 5bucks.

I like the way the boss sounds. I'm leaving this new one stock with just 1 10in sub and ipod hook up ran off of stock unit.

I'm jealous I could find one this clean near me with all the trim package you got.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online