Whos good with the tech2 and tis2000?

warriorpluto

Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
Ok i have tis2000 and im trying to program an ddm driver door module to my friends truck. Offline programming. when i choose 2008 avalanche with his vin to try to program i get cant communicate with module. Then i go back and choose 2007 avalanche but i also use my vin from my 2007 yukon denali, it reqds the module and is ready to flash. Both of these trucks have the same part number for the window switch. I was afraid to flash because i didnt want to render his truck useless. I just wanted to make sure the bcm isnt being programmed during this process as well amd just adding the vin to the module.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
What do you mean by "offline programming"? If you mean you are using the Tech 2 as a go between and not using it as the passthrough, you have to connect the Tech 2 to the truck you are trying to program the module, go to Service Programming and then get the vehicle info from your friend's truck, then go to the Tis2000 and get the programming to then go back and do the programming to the module.

If you didn't get the info of the 2008 first, the Tech 2 still has the info from your 2007 in memory.

Instead, use the Tech 2 in passthrough mode. Much easier and faster.

Reactions: mrrsm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online