Whoops....

4wVoy

Original poster
Feb 4, 2012
I just got the message that I am in trouble if I get any more packages that are of decent size. My girl said the garage walkway is pretty much blocked with all my parts I have ordered. I have 2 more weeks till I get home and about 8 or 9 boxes still yet to be delivered. Apparently she doesn't want to move her truck to the street outside the garage. Guess I will be in trouble by the old lady shortly lol. Haven't even ordered my wheels and tires yet. Gonna be like Christmas for the Voy when I get back. Anxious to drive her again especially after her make over.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
:crackup:

dont you just love when they ccrack the whip :rotfl:, for once, im glad to be single.. i dont have to answer to noone but myself :yes:

4wVoy

Original poster
Feb 4, 2012
cool thing is she was the one to tell me to lift it and put tires on it, usually the ladies are against mods. she has a lifted tacoma so she understands. just doesnt want to deal with all the boxes, i told her to suck it up lol.

i did order her a high lift jack though so i got some points for that

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I haven't ordered anything yet for Phantom, mainly because he has a lot of maintenance that needs to be done first before any mods. BUT I can tell you that even though the ONLY thing I have bought was a serp belt...I think the hubby is getting annoyed with all my "idea's" I asked him about an SS motor and tranny for Phantom today....he said it can be done, I know it can be done, but can HE do it is the question LOL I can't put a motor and tranny in on my own. :biggrin:

4wVoy

Original poster
Feb 4, 2012
parts wise its a win win for me, for her truck she gets parts and tells me to put them on, another mod on any ride is a good thing, i enjoy wrenching, plus i have a beer fridge in the garage. cant wait till i surprise her with her own harley. i know the tasks are going to build up for it too.

she is a good girl and lets me do what i want as long as i keep her happy too, it works out great :biggrin:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
4wVoy said:
parts wise its a win win for me, for her truck she gets parts and tells me to put them on, another mod on any ride is a good thing, i enjoy wrenching, plus i have a beer fridge in the garage. cant wait till i surprise her with her own harley. i know the tasks are going to build up for it too.

she is a good girl and lets me do what i want as long as i keep her happy too, it works out great :biggrin:

Good man! Wish you all were easy to please :wink:

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
4wVoy said:

Voymom said:
Good man! Wish you all were easy to please :wink:
Haha, I was thinking "wish you were all like her"........... actually, mine is, :wootwoot:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
RayVoy said:
Haha, I was thinking "wish you were all like her"........... actually, mine is, :wootwoot:

Most of us women are pretty easy to please...I'm pretty strong willed and hard headed so I think I am slightly more difficult...when told no :wink:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Voymom said:
...I think the hubby is getting annoyed with all my "idea's" I asked him about an SS motor and tranny for Phantom today....he said it can be done, I know it can be done, but can HE do it is the question LOL I can't put a motor and tranny in on my own. :biggrin:

Sorry for the small :hijack: ...

Althou it can be done, its a hell of alot of work. The frame connectors are way diferent, and many other things. It would be easier to go find a Envoy Denali EXT with the 6.0. And in the long run, might be cheaper...

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Just tell her, the boxes have only begun to arrive. lol

TollKeeper said:
Sorry for the small :hijack: ...

Envoy Denali EXT with the 6.0.

:confused::confused:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
My wife is none to thrilled that I keep using her van to haul parts around. Currently there are 4 35 inch tires in the back...whoops.

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
TollKeeper said:
It would be easier to go find a Envoy Denali EXT with the 6.0. ...
Gonna be a tough find, they never made one.

MrDJ

Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
My girl enjoys the mods I do to my TB, especially the sound system! She is also happy as long as I help her mod her sports car :wootwoot:

4wVoy

Original poster
Feb 4, 2012
Hatchet said:
Just tell her, the boxes have only begun to arrive. lol

Well there is some good news, one of the boxes made it to me in Afghaninstan. Z71 springs, thats one less heavy box she has to worry about lol. I am going to get some funny looks sending these back I am sure since they have to inspect every box we ship out.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
RayVoy said:
Gonna be a tough find, they never made one.

Thats messed up. I looked at a 2wd Envoy Denali EXT here is St Louis before I bought my XUV. And the Catalyst sticker under the hood said 6.0..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online