Who Runs 265/60R18?

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
I've read a lot about this on that other forum, but since this place is more active, I figured I'd post here. I'm interested in running these tires on 18" wheels on an otherwise stock Trailblazer. No lift, no spacers. The general consensus seems to be it fits for most but some people have rub.

The tires I've decided on are Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S. I had those in a bigger size on my ZR2 Blazer (275/60R18) and they were a great tire, looked good and performed good. It won't be quite as good having a slightly smaller tire on a bigger, heavier truck, but it should still be good. And better than these ghetto tires that are on there now.

So if anyone is running this size, please comment on your experience driving them, getting them to fit, did you have to shave your upper ball joint etc? Also, post pics if you got em!

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
Here's a picture of a short TB with the wheels I want, and the tire size I want, although they don't look like they are the yokohamas but close enough. It looks a lot better than what I have going on now in the wheel department.

biLjEF7.jpg

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
I have the same OE wheels thats in the pic and the factory tire size is 245/60R18 which is 29.57" tall for reference. You can go 30.5" tall tire on a stock setup. The wheel/tire combo you posted is going to be 30.52" tall. If you dont plan to lift your TB or want to use wheel spacers, then do not exceed a 30.5" tall wheel/tire combo.

Reactions: clizarazo

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
you may have to grind ball joint.
i am currently running 265/70/17 Destinaton A/T's(31.65" diam) on oem rims, for winter
i have the rims your looking for, that I run in the summer. on those I have
265/65/18 Destination A/T's ( 31.54" diam)
i used to have a MarkMC's 3/2 lift, and 1.5" spacers. took the lift off, but still run the spacers. which gives me 1.5" clearance at the ball joint.
your choice of tire 265/60/18 yokohama A/T-S ( per web site) is 30.5" diam.

i do not have any rubbing, and did not have to trim/ cut anything. it is close though. i have about the thickness of 1-2 credit cards clearance on turning at the front and back of the wheel well. so as far as rubbing the wheel wells on turns, you should be good.

for ref. the pic is of my 265/70/17's (31.65") diam ball joint clearance w/ 1.5" spacers. your 30.5" diam. tires will be very close to fitting under the ball joint.
note: had recently replaced upper ball joints, they are now grease-able, your may not have that grease fitting on the underside.
ball joint clearance 002.jpg

Reactions: dmanns67

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
Eyeballing my current tire with what the new one shoudl be, it's 1" taller but that means half an inch taller relative to the axle, so it looks like it will fit. I guess I'll just have to try it and see.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls