Who has painted their TBs Rockers?

JerryCurlJuice

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Want to color match my rockers when summer time arrivals... Who has painted their rockers and how have they held up over time..Thx love the site

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
TXBlazer did it he painted his black I'm sure they holdup fine but there's nothing like the 08+ rocker panels body matched :biggrin:

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
I've looked into it. I decided that I would much rather buy smooth ones and paint them. I know of members that have smoothed the texture, but that was before smooth factory panels were available. IMHO, less time spent sanding is more time spent on other mods.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
groundshock said:
Id like to do this too. Don't early LTZ's have the paintable ones too?

I think the only one with the smooth paintable rockers was the SS. I sanded, smoothed, and painted mine. It was a ton of sanding. The SS ones were hard to get at the time, probably not to hard to find now.

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Maybe on the Saab, but I don't recall ever seeing them painted on a TB that wasn't an SS. Not from the factory anyway.:cool:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Us envoy owners don't worry about unpainted rockers. We just gotta deal with the ugly ass tail lights :sadcry:

Hotness

Dec 7, 2011
You could just pop off the plastic junk and see the paint matched metal waiting for you underneath :biggrin:

CruzinQueen

Dec 30, 2011
My 07 LT has painted rockers....
Trailblazer5.jpg

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
northface trailblazers had colormatched rockers

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher