NEED HELP Who died and made bose king!

Txylor90

Original poster
Apr 17, 2016
Indiana
Easiest and simplest way to bypass the 03 Envoy SLT's oh so joyous and not in anyway frustarting bose premium sound stereo system, if any at all. Is there a way to possibly just modify the bose unit with an aux jack even or am I stuck with no possible choice other than to buy that ridiculously overpriced wiring harness. (Just saying with all the smart people in this world there has got to be someone out there that has found a way to possibly hardwire directly into the factory harness)_not a car guy or electrician or anything like that just a guy that hates bose right now_

Txylor90

Original poster
Apr 17, 2016
Indiana
Again know nothing about this stuff I get the information and my cousin does it for me would it be wise to install another amp (I'm leaning towards yes but idk) and if so what size and all that good garbage. Thanks for the help btw

Paul Bell

Aug 16, 2014
As I am in the pro audio industry, you won't find anybody that hates Bose more. However, these OEM "Bose" systems are pretty much GM designs with Bose badging for a fee paid.

If what you're really trying to do is add an aux (iPod style plug) input to the system, the only thing you can do is swap in a modified radio from a later truck. There's a thread here somewhere about this and a guy on ebay who sells them. You'll need to "pair" the radio to the truck with a GM Tech tool.

Feb 29, 2016
Radford, VA
If your system has Sirius radio included, you can wire in a jack between the Sirius Module and the head unit. I did this and it works like a dream.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
02 and 03 HU's didn't have an XM/Sirius option, so they can't be fiddled with in that way.

Feb 29, 2016
Radford, VA
02 and 03 HU's didn't have an XM/Sirius option, so they can't be fiddled with in that way.
Oh, snap! I feel OP's pain. I have a new HU with all the features I want, sitting in a box in the shed. In order to install it, I need kits and cables and adapter modules that total more than the aftermarket head unit.

My OEM head unit (No highs? No Lows? Must be Bose!) has Sirius, which I do not use, so I was able to use the input for an ad-hoc AUX.

Reactions: Matt

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher