Who brought you over?

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
I just thought it would be nice to post thanks to the people who have converted others to this site!

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Ill go first I was told by the liftmeister and havent looked back:beer:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
No one specifically invited me but I saw all of the comments about the Nation I decided to check it out. Glad I did as the OS is a wasteland now.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
The guys with the technical chops and investment $ to start the site contacted me and the other Trailvoy mods with the jailbreak plan. I think it was only HOURS before 100% of us had signed on, and the loyalty switch changed in an instant. Then we all went on a recruiting spree, until Vertical Scope caught on about a WEEK later when their part-time baby-sitter looked in and discovered we'd all tunneled out. Then the banning began. :biggrin:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Mark20 said:
No one specifically invited me but I saw all of the comments about the Nation I decided to check it out. Glad I did as the OS is a wasteland now.

Same situation. The biggest thing that caught my attention was that I kept seeing check out "g m t n a t i o n . c o m (no spaces)" in a lot of threads.

I checked out this awesome forum and seen how alive and active the members are. Also, noticed all of the experience and knowledgeable members were here (The Roadie, May03LT, etc).

Five minutes later I registered and became a member of this awesome forum. A few months later I wanted to give back and became a Premium Supporter :2thumbsup:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I believe my initial contact was from the roadie as part of the initial recruits brought over. It took me an extra day or so to get over because I was not on the day the PM was sent.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
I remember vividly, it was right after someone broke into my truck and I posted pics and was asking for some info. After 4 days of no hits, which I thought was very unusual, I received a PM from a shill account I would assume now. I cannot go back and look as my account is in miserable user state. Before that I had just lurked for months and made only a post here and there.

The nation is a million times better and I am glad to call it my home.

kjkim93

Jan 1, 2012
As soon as I saw everyone getting banned I just googled for a forum and gmtnation popped up :smile:

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
I saw something on the OS about a mid-atlantic BBQ meet. so I posted up and there was no response. Mr. Andrew May hit me up with a PM and told me this was the place to be!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Yah, I have to admit a bit of wistfulness when I knew I'd be abandoning a post count that took YEARS to build up. But I did it without a blink because there was no way I was going to try to be king of the hill with no community.

View attachment 32315

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 48

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Let me add that this place is a true community!

Envoy_04

Jul 1, 2013
I was on TV for a while, and lurked a lot. I always wondered why so many of the guys whose posts I had found so helpful were listed "No longer with us." Asked a few questions about some problems I had and never got answers - so I googled the problem and kept seeing GMTNation popping up. The rest, as they say, is history. I haven't looked back since I joined here. :cool:

Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
bought my tb at end of sept 13, joined the os asked few questions, hardly any answers.. took me bout 2 months to really start digging into the tb and wanting to know more, and since no replies really on os, did a google search and found the nation. Now the mod bug is running wild!! :wootwoot: Such a great site, met aarkon on here, and hoping to meet more of you guys! Just if only i can get people from round here in southern n central ia to join to make it that much more awesome :smile:

Too Fast

Jan 28, 2014
Nobody particularly. We bought our TV last June, and had to do a couple things to it. Helped some people also on the OS, but I'm not going back. I kept seeing references to GMT, and am glad I came over, it's way more active here.

The first time I noticed a "no longer with us", it was on one of 'the roadies' posts, and I thought he had passed and went to the great Trailblazer home in the sky, lol

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
I thought it was a hoax at first. BigEd pm'd me a link on the OS when we were still all over there and told me to wait a few days, then go sign up. Needless to say I had my reservations. I was on the OS for just over 3 years. Then all of a sudden, I started getting emails to my personal email (I had it listed on my profile under usercp) and even more PM's and people even contacting my brother so he could tell me to switch. I felt like the popular quarterback in high school with everyone wanting me to switch. So obviously the rest is history and I've been here ever since.

mapanch

Dec 2, 2011
Boricua SS said:
I thought it was a hoax at first. BigEd pm'd me a link on the OS when we were still all over there and told me to wait a few days, then go sign up. Needless to say I had my reservations. I was on the OS for just over 3 years. Then all of a sudden, I started getting emails to my personal email (I had it listed on my profile under usercp) and even more PM's and people even contacting my brother so he could tell me to switch. I felt like the popular quarterback in high school with everyone wanting me to switch. So obviously the rest is history and I've been here ever since.

I had the same thoughts. Was wondering what happened to all the "big posters" since they were kinda quiet. Sam (BowTieSS) sent me a PM telling me a new site was formed and to come here. Got banned for "rogue PMs" on the OS shortly after and haven't been back.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online

No members online now.