Who be an amsoil dealer?

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
I need 5 quarts of this stuff for my tahoe. Rather then get assigned some random dealer I'd rather deal with one of you guys. I'm not looking for a hookup on price I know that stuff is pricey ($16/qt). Hit me up here or through pm. Thanks!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I get mine from Angel (Triz) Helps that he's local to me though. :yes:

Reactions: MAY03LT

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
When I went to checkout the site axed me if I had a...what's the word, dealer? It said that if I didn't have one, one would assigned to me at random. Well dang, I'd rather have someone here make a few bucks then some random guy.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Hit up Triz as your dealer. I am sure others here may be too, not sure of Darkrider.

smt 59

This is true, let me check to see if there is a dealer close to you or even triz can place the order and the shipping is free in the USA.

Hit up Triz as your dealer. I am sure others here may be too, not sure of Darkrider.
I think he's in Canada as well.

I can look into my account to see if I can place an order internationally, I am just worried about fonling fees etc. that may occurr.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
MAY03LT said:
When I went to checkout the site axed me if I had a...what's the word, dealer? It said that if I didn't have one, one would assigned to me at random. Well dang, I'd rather have someone here make a few bucks then some random guy.
I wonder if it just alerts you to someone in your area that you can get it through quicker rather than waiting on shipping?

triz

Apr 22, 2013
Hi. I am based here in the US. I messaged you the info. Just let me know what you decide. Referral number was in the PM as well as my signature line. Also there are a few threads in the vendor section. I appreciate the business.

Reactions: MAY03LT and Mounce

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Got it boss, thanks!

So why amsoil? Well the gm fluid is $27 a freaking quart. Whatever they put in it that makes it have that sweet succulent grape smell must be something extravagant.

Reactions: Mounce

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
MAY03LT said:
Got it boss, thanks!

So why amsoil? Well the gm fluid is $27 a freaking quart. Whatever they put in it that makes it have that sweet succulent grape smell must be something extravagant.
Thought you usually used mobil? :raspberry:

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
littleblazer said:
Thought you usually used mobil? :raspberry:
I only use composite materials! :rotfl:

No really though I got hosed the first time that I did the rear in the trailblazer. At that time the gm stuff was sold in a liter or some oddball size that still made you end up buying two and having a lot left over. The second time I did it I may or may not have put amsoil 75w90 in the rear (g80) just to prove that it is just as good as the gm grapealicious stuff.

Reactions: littleblazer

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
MAY03LT said:
I only use composite materials! :rotfl:

No really though I got hosed the first time that I did the rear in the trailblazer. At that time the gm stuff was sold in a liter or some oddball size that still made you end up buying two and having a lot left over. The second time I did it I may or may not have put amsoil 75w90 in the rear (g80) just to prove that it is just as good as the gm grapealicious stuff.
I know the gm stuff is good, but nothing is 27 bucks a quart good, unless it turns back the odometer you can bet it's not going in mine. I think the grape is just for the odor, starts to smell like rotten eggs or something. I know gear oil stinks to begin with, especially the mercruiser high performance straight 90wt. It's green/blue. God I can smell when I did my rear diff.... never again till 200k.[emoji13]

Reactions: MAY03LT and triz

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Mounce said:
Nice! That means new Tahoe vid in a couple weeks. :wooot:

That was really quick shipping, too. :undecided:
Yup yup and once the diffs are done it's time to build my ghetto trans flush apparatus.

And yeah not bad for ordering it late monday night :cool:

Reactions: Mounce

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
There are a few "special tools" required for the mercruisers. One of which is a removal tool, or a inverted half inch socket on a extension to beat out said part. or the steering pin removal tool which is a 1 and 1/8th open end cut in half and ground to a quarter inch thick. [emoji13] However the trans fluid apparatus thing would also work on our trucks I believe. (I've been keeping up on the videos) So I'd like to see it since mine has the jiffy lube special in its tranny...

Reactions: MAY03LT and Mounce

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Amsoil is reslly fast with shipping. They have a warehouse in Lancaster, PA so almost anything to the mid-Atlantic is only a day away.

Reactions: littleblazer

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online