Whitney Houston dies at 48

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
A sad day indeed. :frown:

Whitney Elizabeth Houston (August 9, 1963 – February 11, 2012)

View attachment 18693

[video=youtube;14ivtcelIo0]www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPHCThqqt0s[/video]

Attachments

• Whitney-Houston-Bodyguard.jpg
    Whitney-Houston-Bodyguard.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 150

jayd1563

Nov 18, 2011
not to sound like a heartless jackass BUT this is what happens when your a drug using crackhead.....Kids listen up!!!!!....It IS possible to have more money than brains AND drugs WILL kill you.

BO TIE SS

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
jayd1563 said:
It IS possible to have more money than brains AND drugs WILL kill you.
I doubt it would have ended this way if she hadn't hooked up with that loser, Bobby Brown. :twocents:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
I doubt it would have ended this way if she hadn't hooked up with that loser, Bobby Brown. :twocents:

My wife says the same thing.

Came into the kitchen where a radio is on while my wife is doing some work and she tells me Whitney died. Took a few seconds to sink in.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
jayd1563 said:
not to sound like a heartless jackass BUT this is what happens when your a drug using crackhead.....Kids listen up!!!!!....It IS possible to have more money than brains AND drugs WILL kill you.

:thumbup:

havie22

Dec 4, 2011
google it my friend she was my girlfriend! i loved her even with that looser bobby!:no:

havie22

Dec 4, 2011
havie22 said:
google it my friend she was my girlfriend! i loved her even with that looser bobby!:no:

she was the best singer ever to sing at a superbowl ever!:thumbsup:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
jayd1563 said:

:thumbsup: I fully agree. Tracey told me a bit ago that she died, and the first question I had was if it was a drug overdose. It is a real shame that so much talent can go to waste because of a stupid addiction!

havie22

Dec 4, 2011
:thumbsup:agree

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
a great talent lost... but im willing to bet it had something to do with the prolonged drug use... just goes to show people, that drugs and alcohol do take there toll on us

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
black ice said:
Drugs, win again... Sad

Plain and simple.

And, we tend to forgot the number of American's that die from drug's everyday of every year. Houston is just another causalty, but will make this list:
List of drug-related deaths - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I tend to feel for those who have nothing and pass, then those who have everything and pass under the same addictions.

lynch55

Dec 14, 2011
jayd1563 said:

:iagree::sadcry:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
^^^ i just [posted this very pic on my FB page... totally agree!!

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
I was much sadder when Ronnie James Dio died two years ago... (of cancer, not drugs)

Call me strange...

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
fishsticks said:
I was much sadder when Ronnie James Dio died two years ago... (of cancer, not drugs)

Call me strange...

I was surprised to learn that he was responsible for the "devil horns" popularity in metal. It is actually an old Italian sign for the maloiks, or curse.

jayd1563

Nov 18, 2011
fishsticks said:

Call me strange...
its very hard for me to feel bad when somebody kills themself,,cause thats what a drug overdose or even dying from long time use of drugs is,,its basically killing yourself...to me its very selfish of that person.....and this coming from a person that had a cousin commit suicide.....dying from drugs is the same thing to me.

4wVoy

Feb 4, 2012
:iagree: actually heard something playing on the tv last night in the chow hall and made me throw up in my mouth a little bit. being out here in Afghanistan and hearing about soldiers/civilians/contractors dying all the time and never hearing much about them just goes to show what our country really places all their emphasis

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Great singer. My wife told me the news and I was like wha? Drug overdose she said and I was like celebs are going down like dominos these days. Such a bad way to go down. What the hell are they thinking.

lynch55

Dec 14, 2011
4wVoy said:
:iagree: actually heard something playing on the tv last night in the chow hall and made me throw up in my mouth a little bit. being out here in Afghanistan and hearing about soldiers/civilians/contractors dying all the time and never hearing much about them just goes to show what our country really places all their emphasis

:hail:Thank you sir, for your service to our country! Stay safe!:thumbsup:

Cable810

Dec 5, 2011
TallPaul said:

Ya beat me to it. Its soo sad that we seem to CREDIT celebs from dying from a Drug Overdoese while our troops have died for our FREEDOM and get very little Credit to no Credit :no:

THANK YOU 4wVoy for serving our Great Country!!!

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
fishsticks said:

Call me strange...

How did I miss that one? We lost a real talent there.

And to those of you serving or that have served THANK YOU

fishguy1123

Dec 5, 2011
She was an entertainer... That's it! The plumber, auto worker, fast food worker, etc... are just as important to the friends and family they leave behind! Our service members deserve a very high degree of respect in life and in death for sure!!!! The average joe/jane will never get the exposure that the celebs do. :no: I will always honor the unknown before the headline celeb!

4wVoy

Feb 4, 2012
It's my honor and privileged to do what I do, i know a lot of people that have wanted to fight the big fight but couldn't for whatever reason. anyway back on topic, one thing that kinda pissed me off was the fact my old town (military town) in NC flew half staff because of her:mad:. If thats the case just leave the flag half way for the real heroes dying. Guess now ill get off my soap box but ill stay close by it, you have been warned

Jan 4, 2012
she had an amazing set of vocals, too bad that the addiction reared its ugly head and the world lost a great singing voice. Too many good people are being lost to these addictions of all types..... so so sad and so heartbreaking. We will miss her....

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.