white knight rear light hitch

c bausch

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
Hey guys I got a a white knight rear back up/ work light on my hitch and im having a little of a problem, can somebody send me a wireing diagram of our 7 pin connector. I got 3 wires off the light, black (ground) yellow (backup) red power, I bought a seven pin connector that I can make , now with out haveing a pic at the moment I put the yelow to the center pin for back up and I got the black to the third screw from the center top also I have the red wire to the aux on the connector witch is the powerfrom center first screw to the right

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
hsnNn.gif

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Look carefully at the plug you have to see if the pins are labeled. Everything will swap around based on which end the picture is drawn from I didn't see that indicated. But if everything is labeled then you are in much better shape.

c bausch

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
I got a 7 pin from wallmart that you put your own wires in. In the case has a generic wiring diagram almost like the one above and its not exactly the same. Now the picture above, is that looking at the back of the bumper or is it looking at the back of the truck wireing?

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
c bausch said:
. Now the picture above, is that looking at the back of the bumper or is it looking at the back of the truck wireing?

From the weather flap side (or looking at the back of the bumper as you put it). Note the mini-orientation pic on the top right.

c bausch

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
I just wired it up that way , don't lighting so now I got to check the out let and see if its getting power

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Our TB/Boys and the big pickups have a wire near the under hood fuse box that when connected will send 12V to the rear connector when equipped with the toeing package. You will need to supply the right size metric nut may also need a fuse. The unconnected wire is easy to find near the fuse box on TB/Boys but is hiding under the brake booster on Silverados and possibly Sierras. Details are in the owners manuals.

c bausch

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
Little red wire is connected, mega fuse is in place , took a test light and still no power, is there a fuse that would give the trailer connector power anywhere? Or what do you think I should check next? I bought the truck new but never used the 7 pin untill now

c bausch

Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
Solved! Thanks everyone for all your help, my ground pin on the back of my truck was bent in my connector bent it back and works great, thanks roadie for your info on the m 6 nut, how come chevy leaves the nuts off the stud?

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
c bausch said:
Solved! Thanks everyone for all your help, my ground pin on the back of my truck was bent in my connector bent it back and works great, thanks roadie for your info on the m 6 nut, how come chevy leaves the nuts off the stud?

Profits.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.