Which is the correct door lock actuator?

Chickenhawk

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
My driver's door lock actuator is getting lazy in cold weather and I want to change it before I lock the truck someday and don't realize the driver's door is still unlocked.

Research shows the AC Delco 11P4 is the correct actuator, or the Dorman 746-017.

But now I am confused. Both say "w/o Passlock." But all Trailblazers have a version of the Passlock system. Ours do not use a "chip'ed key" but it is still Passlock. Of course as most of us know, the only key entry is the driver's door, and this is the one I need to change.

Has anyone changed a DRIVER'S DOOR lock actuator in a Trailblazer and can help me understand if this actuator is going to work? There is no listing for actuators WITH Passlock.

Some reviewers have talked about gluing a module to the actuator, but I am assuming this is with GM models that used the chip key, which does not apply to ours.

Right now, it is minus 30 with the wind chill, and plastic parts snap easily. I don't want to start taking off the driver's door panel quite yet. This is where I need some help with anyone who has changed one, or any good photos of the inside of the door.

I would always go AC Delco over Dorman and price isn't an issue, but the Dorman is way easier to get here in Canada.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL

Chickenhawk

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
Thanks! I thank you and my potentially frozen fingers thank you. This "w/o anti-theft" and "w/o Passlock" really had me confused. My next question is if anyone knows if the driver's side door is any different, considering this is the only door with a key lock.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:thumbsup: I remember 2nd guessing myself bunch too when I was researching them. Fortunately it was my passenger side, so when it got lazy, I just disconnected the the connectors so it would stay locked, until I got around to fixing it.

The process for the driver's side is the same, might have a 3rd lock rod, or they may be shaped differently up by the handle, due to the key, but you just have to rotate the clip to release it just the same as the others. Everything connected to the actuator itself will be the same.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.