Whew-too close for comfort

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
I'm sure by now most know about the tornados running thru the Dallas/Ft Worth area. One hit just a few miles to the west of my house in Arlington. The wife called to tell me her 07 Monte Carlo SS got bombed by hail up to baseball size. Most of her coworkers' cars around her's have broken windows along with the dents and dings. My brother followed the Arlington tornado for a little bit. SE of Dallas, Lancaster got hit pretty bad, I'm sure the channel 8 helicopter coverage will be on all the news casts tonite. At this hour there is still a tornado east of Dallas and a little north.
Kinda figured this was going to be one of those years as warm as its been already.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
DFWWIZ said:
I'm sure by now most know about the tornados running thru the Dallas/Ft Worth area. One hit just a few miles to the west of my house in Arlington. The wife called to tell me her 07 Monte Carlo SS got bombed by hail up to baseball size. Most of her coworkers' cars around her's have broken windows along with the dents and dings. My brother followed the Arlington tornado for a little bit. SE of Dallas, Lancaster got hit pretty bad, I'm sure the channel 8 helicopter coverage will be on all the news casts tonite. At this hour there is still a tornado east of Dallas and a little north.
Kinda figured this was going to be one of those years as warm as its been already.

I have been tracking these storms since they popped up via radar from home, as I have friends and family off of HWY 35/ Temple area

I'm glad you and your family are safe and sound, but remember it's not over yet.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
:iagree:

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Well she drove it back and no suprise at how bad it is....(shakes his head)

IMG_20120403_182101.jpg

IMG_20120403_182116.jpg

IMG_20120403_182136.jpg

IMG_20120403_182201.jpg

IMG_20120403_182242.jpg

IMG_20120403_182152.jpg

IMG_20120403_182230.jpg

IMG_20120403_182254.jpg

Funny thing is the MCSS held up way better than the other 600 employees' cars, their windows were all broken, interiors full of water, undriveable and more dents than her's.

MrDJ

Dec 4, 2011
Waxahachie, TX
I am in Stephenville at school and I was watching the weather all day. Both of my parents work in Dallas and they were both on lock-down for a little while. Glad y'all are alright!

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Wow, cracked windshield and broken plastic? That must have been bad. Do you have insurance to cover that? It will be a total loss i've got to think.

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Jkust said:
Wow, cracked windshield and broken plastic? That must have been bad. Do you have insurance to cover that? It will be a total loss i've got to think.

Insurance yes, just wonder how high the estimate will be. The hood and trunk panels can be replaced easy enough, but some of the dings like the one above the door on the strongest point of the roof has me rolling my eyeballs. Some stones were more like baseball to softball rocks! She said they were all (600 employess) huddled in conference rooms, bathrooms, etc and the building was shaking. Then can you imagine after 2-3 hours all of them coming out to the parking lot to view all the carnage. Hers looks good compared to most cause most all had windows that were blown out and interiors full of water. Two employees had just bought new cars this past week - one a Camry and one was an Audi SS. At least she could drive her's home.

GotAir?

Jan 7, 2012
Got this off facebook of the tornadoes down there......CRAZY.....yes those are semi trailers....
2wqg7dg.jpg

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Hubby and I watched the whole thing live on television. All we could do was say OMG over and over again. It's a miracle that no one died that day. The more I see these monster storms the more reason I have to go out and report them so others can get to safety in time.

So glad that you and your family are okay. The car can be replaced but your life can't.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
This stuff scares me, and fascinates me, all at the same time. Would love to be a storm chaser. I am a truck driver, and this hits a little to close to home seeing those 53' foot long, 6 ton (12000 lbs) trailers being thrown thru the air like a twig...

Man o man... My heart goes out to all those familys who lost their homes, and are injured..

DFWWIZ

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Wife got the estimate on her Monte Carlo SS and its just a tad over $7000. :eek: Blue book is $14K so looks like it will be fixed...just how long it takes is another chapter.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online