Where to start

sse1990

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Well today I considered trading in the Buick Rainier. I was looking at the GMC Terrain. I couldn't get the payment to where I wanted it so I figured I would keep the Buick a while longer.

Since I'm keeping it I started a list of repairs that need to be one. Just not sure where I wanna start.
My list So far is
-tires
-tailpipe from the axle back since I removed the res years ago and the tailpipe that was welded in place finally rotted off.
-both driver's side chrome door handles
-fuel level sender
-rear wiper motor
-repair the burnt defroster lines
- front sway bar links

Pretty sure there is more but that is all I can think of right now.

Going to be checking eBay for a few of the parts, the front sway bar links, I was thinking of the ones from Suspension Maxx.

If there are any good sources for some of these parts online, let me know. Preferably in Canada.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I would personally start off with any and all repairs that could/are rendering it's safety. Safety at all costs should always come first. You may be a really good driver, but that won't keep someone from rear ending you/or hydroplaning in wet weather.

Then the last of the repairs for me would be the cosmetics, just my thought!

sse1990

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Voymom said:
I would personally start off with any and all repairs that could/are rendering it's safety. Safety at all costs should always come first. You may be a really good driver, but that won't keep someone from rear ending you/or hydroplaning in wet weather.

Then the last of the repairs for me would be the cosmetics, just my thought!

Nothing safety HAS to be done yet. Tires and brakes are getting there but not to the point they have to be done tomorrow. I usually like to take care of safety stuff right away or a bit ahead.

I want to do them cause if I plan to keep it another year, they will have to be done within the year.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online