Where to get SS Grille??

Bartonmd

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
So, I'm looking to swap to the SS grille, but don't want to pay $300 for a new one from GM. I can't seem to find them for the SS, aftermarket. Anybody know if there's any place to get aftermarket ones (or good used)??

I'm also not opposed to the LT grille, but by the time I get the grille and the LT headlights, I'm as much as the OEM SS grille.

Thanks
Mike

07TrailyLS

May 7, 2014
Toledo ohio
You could try tbssowners.com. I wa honestly just searching EVERYWHERE for an SS grill today and couldn't find ANY even on eBay that weren't under 300.00. Disappointing how expensive SS parts are for some junk ABS plastic. As for the LT grills there going rate it like 80 bucks on eBay brand new . I was looking at a front bumper cover, rear bumper cover, rear bumper cover insert and front grill and after purchase, shipping, and paint it would end up costing 1/4 of what I bought my entire truck for. Good luck!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
The SS grille, and both bumpers, are very hard to come by, have been that way for years. Basically it comes down to, the people who have them, have no reason to get rid of perfectly good ones. So used ones, people ask for ridiculous prices, and there are so few sources for aftermarket parts, so your wallet is in trouble if the SS look is what you're after.

At least with fender benders, there's a slight demand for replacement bumpers and there are vendors on Ebay/Amazon, but not so much for grilles. :frown:

Reactions: 07TrailyLS

Bartonmd

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Yeah, that's what I'm gathering... Sucks that the aftermarket companies don't make them, because the regular model grilles are like $35.

I'll probably just get an aftermarket, open LT grille and cut the sides off of my stock one (and paint them black) to snap into the headlights.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I have stumbled across a few on amazon.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members