Where to find OEM bump stops

jsinga

Original poster
Jan 5, 2014
GA
Was under our bone stock 03 Envoy XL last weekend. The rear bump stops are completely shot. Anyone know where to find new ones. RockAuto doesn't carry them.

Thanks,

JS

kickass audio

Aug 25, 2012
Question for you, were they shot because your truck was overloaded and bottoming out or are they just dry rotted? If you are riding on the bump stops, you may want to consider putting z-71 springs in the rear to boost it up or airlift 1000 bags in the springs to stiffen up the springs and give you a bit of a rise in the back end.

Reactions: littleblazer

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH

jsinga

Original poster
Jan 5, 2014
GA
They were totally rotten. The right side next to the tail pipe was mush.
It's the wife's daily driver. it rarely gets much more than grocery bags in the back.

Thanks, should have thought of ebay.

JS

Lonestar245

Sep 6, 2013
Sorry to bump an old thread but it is the only one that I could find pertaining to the rear axle "Rear Aux Spring" GM PN 10386222 for my 2009 Saab 97x. I had one come off (dry rot?) during a rear brake R&R. Looked for this under jounce stop, bump stop, etc... and finally came across this thread. gmpartsgiant as mentioned above no longer has this part, nor does my local Chevy dealer. It is discontinued and can no longer be ordered by your GM dealer. I say this just as a warning to all that if you need them, you may find new old stock at your local dealer or online. It's probably a good idea to go ahead and get them if you plan to keep your truck long-term. Although I am sure there are substitutions that could be fitted if need be.
I should also mention that GM has dropped Saab from its parts database, so it makes it even harder to find the correct parts, even though 99% of the time it is the same part as a Trailblazer, Envoy, etc....

Reactions: Tankcruiser

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
That part number is still available thru other sources..

flyboy2610

Aug 24, 2021
Lincoln, Ne.
Also please note that #10386222 is for vehicles WITH air suspension, part #10386223 is for vehicles WITHOUT air suspension. Just ordered 2 of the 223 parts for the wife's '06. I was doing some work under there today and barely bumped the one on the driver's side and it fell right off. Found them on eBay gmpartsamerica.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online