NEED HELP Where to find 2005 TB EXT rear bump stops?

Charles Austin Miller

Original poster
Mar 21, 2017
Charlotte, NC
2005 Tralblazer LS EXT i6 AWD

Need to replace rear foam bump stops, but can't find original bump stops online or at any auto supply. Mine is the type with the bump stop cap permanently mounted on the vehicle, so I just need the foam bump stop itself. Thanks very much for your replies and assistance

Charles Austin Miller

Original poster
Mar 21, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Interestingly, a place called GMPartsGiant.com carries the exact bump stop (under the name "spring") for about $15 apiece, which is cheaper than anywhere else. I received these bump stops ("springs") in about 4 days shipping time, installed both rear bump stops in 30 minutes, including pulling and remounting the wheels.

Reactions: Mounce and Tiggerr

Charles Austin Miller

Original poster
Mar 21, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Before I did it myself, I called my buddy down at the local automotive shop, and he said the 2005 Trailblazer EXT is a special case: There are no bolts or nuts involved, because the bump-stop cap mount is permanent, welded right into the frame. The bump stops themselves just snap out and snap in. He said that the labor isn't the problem...the problem is FINDING the bump stops without going to a dealer (who will charge you 4X the price for the part). So, GMPartsGiant is the place to get the part. The rest is easy.

Reactions: Tiggerr

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
Before I did it myself, I called my buddy down at the local automotive shop, and he said the 2005 Trailblazer EXT is a special case: There are no bolts or nuts involved, because the bump-stop cap mount is permanent, welded right into the frame. The bump stops themselves just snap out and snap in. He said that the labor isn't the problem...the problem is FINDING the bump stops without going to a dealer (who will charge you 4X the price for the part). So, GMPartsGiant is the place to get the part. The rest is easy.

Just have to watch their shipping costs. Sometimes they are ridiculous.. I use them for part numbers mostly... then plug them into Amazon...eBay...etc... I can usually do as well that way as gmpg or rockauto.. I do have Prime which helps too

:2thumbsup:

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
Watch out for shipping costs? About $10 for shipping, maybe less. Compared to dealer prices? I came out WAY ahead.
Sometimes they aren't bad yeah.. I think it was my fuel door they wanted to charge me like $25 for shipping on a $45 part that weighs what? A pound? Lol... hit and miss over there on shipping costs...kinda like RA just gotta watch it...

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
To upload pics, just reduce them before uploading. 1920x1280 works for me.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online