Where to buy DRL killer

cxkali

Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
Where could i buy a DRL killer i have read some posts but the links to the drl killers are a no go any help would be awesome Thanks

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
There is a guy that goes by jettstream over on TBSSowners.com and he sells the DRL killer BUT his site is down right now and Im not sure if you can join and PM him over there maybe Paypal him for one.

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
As long as you dont mind diasbling your auto lights, you can make your own drl killer for basicly the cost of a standard automotive relay. It requires the exact same amount of wiring as one that you would buy.

cxkali

Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
i dont mind diasbling them since i pretty much have my headlights turned on all the time anyway could you point me in the right direction to the drl killer

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Wait, if you have your lights on all the time, why not do the capacitor mod instead?

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Blckshdw said:
Wait, if you have your lights on all the time, why not do the capacitor mod instead?

Ah true, but some (me included) like having them stay off by default and manually turn them on.

Guess it comes down to preference:
DRL Killer/Quad Beams mod: headlight off by default (no AHLs), running lights on, AND quad beams
capacitor mod: headlights on by default (keep AHLs), running lights on, NO quad beams

Im a sucker for quad beams, there are at least 3 ways I can think of doing them off the top of my head though and just as many DRL killers.:duh:

cxkali

Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
i to like to turn them on off manual so i would like some info on the drl killer im just trying to get everything together because my hid are on the way some in getting all the info i need and parts also thanks Guys.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
There's a couple of write up threads if you run a quick search. I believe there's also one in the Articles section you can follow. Plenty of options out there.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Me007gold said:
As long as you dont mind diasbling your auto lights

is there differences in certain DRL Killers? because my best friend, brother (JosueLT), and myself all have a DRL Killer but we still have auto the headlights function.. im guessing a slight variation in hooking it up through the BCM?

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
Boricua SS said:
is there differences in certain DRL Killers? because my best friend, brother (JosueLT), and myself all have a DRL Killer but we still have auto the headlights function.. im guessing a slight variation in hooking it up through the BCM?

I THINK with Tblazed or jetttstream's drl killer, you can choose what options you want. I did mine per the article with the relay and disabled the auto lights(dash lights still come one, just not the head lamps)

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Boricua SS said:

Yeah, there's 2 write up threads on here, and if you compare the steps, they are slightly different as to what from the BCM gets wired to the relay.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Me007gold said:
I THINK with Tblazed or jetttstream's drl killer, you can choose what options you want. I did mine per the article with the relay and disabled the auto lights(dash lights still come one, just not the head lamps)

Blckshdw said:
Yeah, there's 2 write up threads on here, and if you compare the steps, they are slightly different as to what from the BCM gets wired to the relay.

ok that makes sense then... we (my friend and my brrother) did ours per the online schematic referencing Jetttstreams.. and i bought TBlazed DRL Killer for my truck...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online