where is the Idle air control valve on 04 envoy

dazingla

Original poster
Jul 14, 2013
Just wondering if we have one or does the Throttle body do all the work. Yesterday it seemed like the Voy didnt wanna idle properly. Almost like it wanted to stall. it sits around 600 RPM then drops to about 300 and revs itself up. Cleaned the TB about 2 months ago so i know thats alright. Any other ideas? Oh forgot to mention that it only happens with AC on. I disconnected the battery so it could "forget" but havent seen a difference

BRomanJr

Dec 9, 2011
dazingla said:
Just wondering if we have one or does the Throttle body do all the work. Yesterday it seemed like the Voy didnt wanna idle properly. Almost like it wanted to stall. it sits around 600 RPM then drops to about 300 and revs itself up. Cleaned the TB about 2 months ago so i know thats alright. Any other ideas? Oh forgot to mention that it only happens with AC on. I disconnected the battery so it could "forget" but havent seen a difference

You didn't mention removing the Throttle Body to clean the backside, this is a very important step, did you remove it to clean?

There is no IAC as the system is DBW (drive by wire), the main reason the full clean is needed.

And there are other reasons for this issue and those can be looked at next.

dazingla

Original poster
Jul 14, 2013
BRomanJr said:
You didn't mention removing the Throttle Body to clean the backside, this is a very important step, did you remove it to clean?

There is no IAC as the system is DBW (drive by wire), the main reason the full clean is needed.

And there are other reasons for this issue and those can be looked at next.

Yes the TB was fully removed to clean.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Have you done any work on the engine lately? Any CEL's? Checked all the vacuum lines?

dazingla

Original poster
Jul 14, 2013
Changed tstat today since I got a SES light the other day saying it wasn't getting to optimal temperature. Seems to have fixed both problems :smile:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.