Where is the fuel pressure regulator on an 05 I6?

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
I’ve tried looking it up in google or YouTube videos and it only goes to an 04 and I don’t have one by the top of the block where the fuel starts to go under the intake manifold so all that searching was of no help.
So hopefully somebody here has either done one or know where it is. Thank you

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
I’ve tried looking it up in google or YouTube videos and it only goes to an 04 and I don’t have one by the top of the block where the fuel starts to go under the intake manifold so all that searching was of no help.
So hopefully somebody here has either done one or know where it is. Thank you

At some point the regulator became part of the fuel pump module inside the fuel tank. I don't know what year that happened.

2001ZR2

Jul 16, 2019
Kansas
It was part of the fuel pump assembly I put in my son's 05 TB with the I6.

Sorry, it seems 05 was the 1st year that GM did this on these vehicles.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That is correct. 05 was the first year of the returnless system with regulator in the fuel pump module.

paul2005tb

Nov 26, 2014
Massachusetts
Yes, and no fuel filter along the fuel line either. I'd like to modify my fuel line to accommodate an iniline filter .

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
So your saying getting a new filter is useless as well since it’s no longer outside the tank? SOB well atleast I know why I couldn’t find the regulator lol. I was going to replace the filter as well but I really don’t want to drop the tank unless I have too like if the pump breaks 🤦‍♂️. Crap thanks guys

It would have been great if they thought and put an access port under the seats 🤦‍♂️ damn you Chevy DAMN YOU lol

Reactions: Gunner

paul2005tb

Nov 26, 2014
Massachusetts
I have to get my head under there but I cant imagine that modifying the line to fit a quality inline fuel filter will be that hard.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I don't really see the point of adding another filter. Of the millions of these vehicles on the road with this design, has any been clogged or let dirt through?

Reactions: Redbeard

paul2005tb

Nov 26, 2014
Massachusetts
I don't really see the point of adding another filter. Of the millions of these vehicles on the road with this design, has any been clogged or let dirt through?
Fuel injectors with no in line filter upstream, just just doesn't seem right.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online

No members online now.