Where is Everyone ????

Mesoholics

Apr 2, 2012
I am here again! Only pulled the truck out of storage a few weeks ago, started like a champ.

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
After years of the "social post whoring" moderators suddenly decided it was bad for the site and started handing out warning points and enforcing new rules. During the process they decided to just turn off the post count on the social threads but the damage was done. They ran everybody off and those who still frequent are afraid to get suspended or banned. That's about as short and direct as I can put it. I Check often but there is not really anything going on, and I can't talk to myself lol there are a few that still post regularly but it is really slowing down quickly.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Kinda funny since you quit playing games when the post counts went away. You used to fire right back in many of those threads with me, but my responses gather dust these days.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Sad everyone quit when they could not get their precious post counts, but that is no fault of the mods. Esp when the whores all said the counts did not matter, but have proved they really did. I am always up for posting during the day, but i put family and offline life first nights and weekends.

You may want to ask the other guys you posted with why they quit whoring without counts cause i certainly have not. Yall used to post all night while I was offline, but now in the morning none of yall did much.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
You know, I really haven't noticed a lot of difference. I look at the site in the morning, about 7.30 and then around now and it seems like there's always a page full of new posts. :confused:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Why would people be afraid to post in game/whore threads? It's not like the rules were overly complicated to follow, or that the staff has been unreasonable about enforcing them. Nobody's been banned or suspended from warning points. The handful of people that have been dinged for infractions, have only had that happen once. I don't think that qualifies as "running off" members. :no:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Funny. No one has been banned and only a few points have been handed out...mostly to people that had not read the new rules. I do not buy that keeps the whores from posting at all. IMO seems we get more whores almost trying or testing mods for points rather than running scared. :twocents:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
:whore:

jk I'm still here.

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
There's no denying that the site has significantly slowed down. All I did was voice my opinion of what I saw and members have discussed. I'm not trying to anger anyone or cause problems. In other words you have your opinion and I have mine. I'm not planning to desert the site just saying that it is not what it once was, and that was the warning I gave when all this was starting. It was the desire of the amin to slow the posts down and that is exactly what happened. What did you expect? Having said all that I have contributed to this site and will continue to help in the tech threads whenever possible. But the fun factor is gone. Sorry.

Just my useless opinion, what I have to say does not really matter. So don't get upset on my account. ......

Reactions: Sib

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
I was gone wen the SHTF, and came back to a relatively different site. Still the best tech savvy, but I know for a fact, some of the threads I tried to help on would have gotten more input before "THE" day. I feel bad for the OPs that don't get better input than my half-ass input for 2-3 days.

Can't say for sure it was the new age scare..... I just hope those in need stick around. I see a core of supports still around.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Tech is far improved and the posts thanking the site are abundant since the new rules. I dig it!

Reactions: djthumper

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I think quality is better than quantity!

May 5, 2013
I got a new job and have been run ragged, thats why I haven't been around. All of this happened when I stepped away for a minute. I feel like a kid after his parents got a divorce. I wonder if its my fault.....

EDIT: Honestly, I never understood the need for post count. I'm part of an atv forum where everyone is chasing the "Thanked Post" count. Now that makes sense. You have to help people or at least entertain them to get a "thanks". So your post have to have some value not just air. The members are happy because they count their "thanks" and the forum is happy because everyone is contributing good stuff (on account of wanting "thanks")...

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
A likes or thanks counter instead would be great as long as the whores weren't liking each other (now that just sounds weird!)

Reactions: Robbabob

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
Mooseman said:
A likes or thanks counter instead would be great as long as the whores weren't liking each other (now that just sounds weird!)
I love you
you love me
we're a happy family......

Now that's funny!

Edit: Rather than typing another post, Id rather edit this one. I almost typed a warning that this could turn into a whore posting thread.

Easy now....

Edit 2: It's not about the post count, it's about having fun in a non-tech thread. Gawh, the fun out of it!

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Whores liking whores :raspberry:

Reactions: Robbabob

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Honestly, I like how the site has changed. I get way more info out of people's posts than before. I feel as if people would withhold information just for post count on tech threads. Take my T-Stat thread I mad this morning...I was expecting a couple of replies and was astonished by how many replies I got and how quick people responded (thank you everyone, I'll have a write up tomorrow).

6 months ago, everyone was clowning on the whore threads instead of helping others with issues, big or small.

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
SnowBlazer said:
Honestly, I like how the site has changed. I get way more info out of people's posts than before. I feel as if people would withhold information just for post count on tech threads. Take my T-Stat thread I mad this morning...I was expecting a couple of replies and was astonished by how many replies I got and how quick people responded (thank you everyone, I'll have a write up tomorrow).

6 months ago, everyone was clowning on the whore threads instead of helping others with issues, big or small.
I disagree with you on that one buddy. Tech threads have never gone un answered.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Some of them were slow answered...

This is not for arguing points... Lets get on with things.

smt 59

It thought it was a good place to visit when the social threads were there, it's nice to talk and socialize without allways talking about our trucks. although the quality of the site for technical is second to none. I did inquire about a "Just checking in thread" but was politely turned down with a mention of a whore thread on the pay to use portion of the forum, personally I do not pay to have friends(that's like being a whore!) :confused:

Reactions: Mounce

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Matt said:
Yeah, but all us blokes with small ones say that!! :rotfl: :eek:
I'm lucky in that I have both! Why do you think I have the nickname Mooseman? :biggrin:

smt 59 said:
It thought it was a good place to visit when the social threads were there, it's nice to talk and socialize without allways talking about our trucks. although the quality of the site for technical is second to none. I did inquire about a "Just checking in thread" but was politely turned down with a mention of a whore thread on the pay to use portion of the forum, personally I do not pay to have friends(that's like being a whore!) :confused:
I don't think the social aspect and real discussions are at play here. No issues with that. I've participated in off topic discussions like the F You thread, pics and videos and others. It's the whorring that adds absolutely no value to the site except that Google might direct people here that are looking for prostitutes..

Reactions: Blckshdw

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
Well, it looks as if this thread has lost it's use...

Edit:

smt 59 said:
personally I do not pay to have friends(that's like being a whore!) :confused:

Donating to this site does not get you friends. It keeps the site paid for by it's members, not the administrators that started it. Consider if this site has saved you money or helped you though a tough situation.. what if it wasn't here the next time?

Reactions: Matt and Sib

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Robbabob said:
Donating to this site does not get you friends. It keeps the site paid for by it's members, not the administrators that started it. Consider if this site has saved you money or helped you though a tough situation.. what if it wasn't here the next time?
Doesn't HighVoltage send out stickers to paid members?

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
He also did for me as well.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online