NEED HELP Where does this go? Thread

aaserv

Original poster
Dec 1, 2019
N of Baton Rouge, La.
Tore my 03 Envoy V-8 down last August and now Im putting it back together. Naturally (for me) I cant remember where half the stuff goes ....so this will hopefully be my official WTF thread. If you are familiar with this model please ck this thread often as Im sure there will be many posts to come.

1st Item up .....This hose comes off what appears to be a vacuum valve mounted on the firewall behind the Coolant Tank. Im replacing the tank, bought the new 1 last year and the old one is gone. There is a vacuum hose on this valve (pictured) that I dont see where it leads to. At 1st glance i thought it hooked to the tank somewhere but theres no fitting for that and its not long enough to really reach anything else. Its also extremely hard to get a good picture of it with the AC lines, etc in the way. IMG_20200301_145025306.jpgIMG_20200301_145033186.jpg

aaserv

Original poster
Dec 1, 2019
N of Baton Rouge, La.
Finally determined this must be some kind of htg control valve. Searched for that and Ill be D*** thats what it is. Found a picture of it and could not believe what I saw...a hose looking a lot like mine and appearing to be going on the same upper connection....simple loops down and plugs right back into the valve at the lower connection seen in pic! Dont know for 100% cus its to dark to go out there and see if it fits but if thats correct Im an even bigger dumbass than my parents said I was!!! Shot my whole day over this, really wanted to see my brand new shiny white coolant tank installed and looking sharp and blew the 1st good weather day we've had in a month over a 1/4" hose.
If I can figure out how to kick my own self in the ass Ill post the video

Reactions: Mooseman

aaserv

Original poster
Dec 1, 2019
N of Baton Rouge, La.
Figured out where this went !! Does that look sharp or what? I may pull it 1 of those parking lot car shows just to pop the hood and show it off....lolIMG_20200303_121312785.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online