Where do you run your Amp/Subs power cable?

jsprewell

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
I was thinking that I should run it down the middle of the vehicle along with the other large power cable instead of down under the doors. Any opinions here?

Also, where do you have the cable going through the firewall? I don't really want to drill any holes...

Thanks!

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Neither way really has an advantage. Most folks go under the door sills because it's easier. Now if you still have the interior out, go for it!

I fit a 1/0 lead through the large grommet under the drivers side of the dash. It totally sucked. Also worth noting, more then one person accidentally cut some of the factory wiring while wrastling wire through there, so be super careful.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Most power wire and speaker wire made nowadays is shielded well enough that noise picked up through the speaker leads isn't an issue. On the other hand, rca cables are more susceptible to picking up noise so I do route them on the opposite side of the power wire in the vehicle.

So, what's going in the voy?

jsprewell

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
After my OEM radio cable broke I decided that instead of dumping more money into fixing it, I would just buy an aftermarket one. (I had already spent too much money on trying to add a sub par Bluetooth, etc to the stock Bose)

So I bought a Kenwood HU (DDX418) and the GMOS-100. I had some hiccups with the install and getting the steering wheel controls working. Everything is working now which is good. I also ran the wires for a 1000 watt amp with two 10" subs.

I'm going to make a thread next week showing what I've been doing over the past few weeks.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher