where did you mount aftermarket light switches ?

KEEBZ489

Original poster
Jan 16, 2018
Howard Beach NY
I am looking to add a light bar and train horn and have used rocker type switched in the past , but I cant seem to find the "right place" to put the switches. I have an EXT with the dvd player , so with no sunroof the molded headliner over the rearview mirror seems like a good place. thinking to get a piece of black abs plastic and trim it to the shape in the headliner and go from there ? any pic of other areas are appreciated

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I hooked my lightbar up to run through my high beams so I didn't have a switch. You could look at the drivers side knee bolster just under the light switch box.

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Many years ago I place the air horn switch on the floor using the "old style" push starter switch on the floorboard. I have seen similar switches now from air horn suppliers. The switch when placed on the left drivers side works GREAT. Hands never leave the steering wheel and your passengers at first can't figure out how you mysteriously can have the horn honk without your hands moving.

Reactions: xavierny25

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
Back when I only had 2 extra sets of lights I made an overhead console with light switches, dome light, and scan gauge. I can go snap a picture of that if you'd like.

This is my current switch position now that I have 6 sets of lights.

Attachments

• IMG_20180913_110743.jpg
    IMG_20180913_110743.jpg
    318 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: Blckshdw

Adamc0909

Dec 14, 2017
Monticello ga
Back when I only had 2 extra sets of lights I made an overhead console with light switches, dome light, and scan gauge. I can go snap a picture of that if you'd like.

I like your dash with the bronze looking accents can you take a pic of that for me

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
I like your dash with the bronze looking accents can you take a pic of that for me

It is the Burnt Orange Metallic use on the C6 Corvette mixed into Raptor Liner.

And here I also included a photo of the overhead console I made which has my old light switches.

Attachments

• IMG_20180913_112747.jpg
    IMG_20180913_112747.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20180913_112805.jpg
    IMG_20180913_112805.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: Matt and Blckshdw

KEEBZ489

Original poster
Jan 16, 2018
Howard Beach NY

that switch block is something you made or bought ? I think I can make this work if I can get my hands on one

Many years ago I place the air horn switch on the floor using the "old style" push starter switch on the floorboard. I have seen similar switches now from air horn suppliers. The switch when placed on the left drivers side works GREAT. Hands never leave the steering wheel and your passengers at first can't figure out how you mysteriously can have the horn honk without your hands moving.

that's a good idea instead of using the steering wheel , but still want a toggle switch to turn the compressor on and off incase my daughter or someone else takes my car out to the store

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher