Where did you buy your LED's from...

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
ok everybody.. looking for some input out there as i am getting frusturating while searching lol...

i know everything that i need.. so no need to make another thread about something that i already know or thats been discussed... but im just wondering, where have some of you bought and how much have you paid for your brake light/turn signal led's? meaning the CK Style top bulb, the regular 3157 turn signal bulb, and the front switchback bulb... through my searchings, ive seen some of the bulbs in access of $30-$40 bucks.. sounds kinda high to me...and how many led's per bulb did you settle with.. ive seen anywhere from 9-120 leds per bulb.. what do you think is minimal for standard light output comparible to factory.. (f.y.i., my tails are tinted)...

any input is appreciated... :thumbsup:

edit: ive checked out superbriightleds.com, autolumination.com, v-leds.com...

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
how many led's did you guys settle with per bulb?

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
When I outfitted my Goldwing with tail/brake LEDs, I bought them from Autolumination. I don't remember which one I used, but was happy with them. The only thing I would not recommend from this company is their "spider" lights. I was not happy with the white spiders I bought for reverse lights at all. :twocents:

TrailBlazn420

Dec 4, 2011
Boricua SS said:
how many led's did you guys settle with per bulb?

I went with at least 18 per bulb for the interior. 30-36 for the exterior

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
BO TIE SS said:
When I outfitted my Goldwing with tail/brake LEDs, I bought them from Autolumination. I don't remember which one I used, but was happy with them. The only thing I would not recommend from this company is their "spider" lights. I was not happy with the white spiders I bought for reverse lights at all. :twocents:

thx for the heads up boss... i already have my reverse light led's so im good there... i just know the same style would not be bright enough for my tails..

TrailBlazn420 said:
I went with at least 18 per bulb for the interior. 30-36 for the exterior

thx man... i already have all my interior led's... and thats what i was thinking.. somewhere in the 30-48 led range..

thx for the input fellas :thumbsup:

TrailBlazn420

Dec 4, 2011
For $30 a piece, Autolumination has SMT lights with 120 LEDs!

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
TrailBlazn420 said:
For $30 a piece, Autolumination has SMT lights with 120 LEDs!

you dont think that would be overkill? like it wouldnt be stupid bright back there lol...

TrailBlazn420

Dec 4, 2011
These lights are for people to be able to see you at night and for people to see when you are stopping! No such thing as overkill!:smile:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
TrailBlazn420 said:
These lights are for people to be able to see you at night and for people to see when you are stopping! No such thing as overkill!:smile:
:iagree:

The one thing I like about Autolumination products is that they have a nice balance between low and high output. When I hit the brakes on my Goldwing, there's no doubt in my mind that people know I'm stopping.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
TrailBlazn420 said:

touche :tiphat: :rotfl:
BO TIE SS said:
:iagree:

The one thing I like about Autolumination products is that they have a nice balance between low and high output. When I hit the brakes on my Goldwing, there's no doubt in my mind that people know I'm stopping.

i have seen that over other sites... so looks like autlumination will be my choice as well then...

Blckshdw said:
:poke: Oh really now? :raspberry:

Just messin with you buddy, sorry, couldn't help myself. :biggrin:

http://gmtnation.com/f33/led-bulbs-1049/

haha.. just had to make me feel like a noob :raspberry:, but i was just looking for applications on who got theres from where.. i think that thread was more geard towards to how to make everything work, but then again, maybe not :duh: lol

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:rotfl: I had plenty of noob relapses on here before the site went public. +1 on Autolumination, I get all my manufactured stuff from them now. They also have great customer service, in the event something isn't right, they make it right. :thumbsup:

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Blckshdw said:
:rotfl: I had plenty of noob relapses on here before the site went public. +1 on Autolumination, I get all my manufactured stuff from them now. They also have great customer service, in the event something isn't right, they make it right. :thumbsup:

sweet.. sounds like autolumination it is then... i do have one question that im seeing on that website.. but since im not a noob :crackup: im going to the led thread now....

thx for the help guys..

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Great time for a thread like this to start lol! i'm such a noob when it comes to Leds :redface:! 30-36 leds on exterior is just the piece of info I needed :wootwoot: and yes i've had some help earlier from Blckshdw :rotfl:

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
fadyasha said:
Great time for a thread like this to start lol! i'm such a noob when it comes to Leds :redface:! 30-36 leds on exterior is just the piece of info I needed :wootwoot: and yes i've had some help earlier from Blckshdw :rotfl:

see, i knew i wasnt the only one with questions like this... i kinda feel like the student in class that would always speak up and ask questions that i was always afraid to, and then end up getting answered without me having to ask :rotfl:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.