Not open for further replies.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
yup

Sprung Monkey

Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
Al
so I guessed correct this tire is 8 years old?

doesn't a tire go rotten after 6 years?

these are brand new tires, never used which are probablley unsafe to use.

what a diablo sandwhich

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Its old. They go rotten, but the industry seems to say 7 years is lifespac. I know truck on 20 year old tires though.

I passed on a set of 5 year old brand new tires cause of being careful. Some would run em and some would skip. Did you already buy em.

Diablo is off Smokey and the Bandit

Reactions: Redbeard

Sprung Monkey

Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
Al
no didn't buy, not even sure it's whorth a low ball offer. seller wanted $100 each but will take $140 for both this before I found out how old they are, better to buy new at $200.each
still trying to figure out a good tire for steep/slippery boat ramps in my other thread. wet on back and preformance in front.

oh now I remember the movie when fattie arrives at resutrant just as bert was getting ready to leave.
fattie gives his food order. edit: not saying you fat.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
oh now I remember the movie when fattie arrives at resutrant just as bert was getting ready to leave.
fattie gives his food order. edit: not saying you fat.

That's 'Sheriff Buford T. Justice' to you, son... LMAO
I just looked this up a couple of weeks ago - Google has lots of links / info (some of it conflicting.)
I'll refrain from describing them here - Google 'diablo sandwich' and have fun!

And to get back on topic - If you need a good traction / wet tire for the boat launch, etc. - best to put a matched set of four on, IMO. I would not put an entirely different type of tire on the front - a 'performance tire' up there isn't going to give you anything in our trucks. Having four matching also helps you get the most mileage out of them, through proper rotation sequence. With two radically different tires F/R, you can only swap side-to-side (and as I recall, the proper way to do that is to unmount the tire, 'flip' it, and mount what was the outboard side on the 'old' position, inboard on the 'new' position.) Still not optimal, though, and my guess is that the front ones will wear faster than they normally would in a 4-tire rotation.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Did you ask about this on the LS1 forum as well?

Sprung Monkey

Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
Al
yes thats me slitely differnt ? can AWD SUV have wet tire on rear dry on front

small world huh.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
As I said there....make sure they are the same diameter.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
All that siping be good on the boat ramp

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I think this thread has run its course and now onto deciding on what tires to get. Locking this thread.

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online