Amazon Product When Appearances... "MAT"ter

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
If you and your Family spend a great deal of time heading into and out of your SUV for all of the necessities of repetitive daily trips… and those actions of enter and egress create the nuisance of a constant transfer of Yard Dirt, Sand, Mud and on rainy days… all of the Leaves and Trash that enter by way of “The Foot” and make a mess of interior carpets and floor boards… I have a suggestion to make about an inexpensive solution to this problem.

In 2015 when I was disabled and post-op from back surgery… my wife had to obtain transportation that better suited her own peculiarities and needs. So she settled upon getting a very nice, low mileage 2013 Nissan Altima 3.5s 4 Door Sedan. While I was on the gradual rehab and mend… she would often complain to me that her Driver’s side Floorboard was filling up constantly with Florida Pin Oak Leaves, Twigs and Sand… and more so when it frequently rained. Normally I wouldn’t pull a hair for worrying about anything like this… but you can only listen to this kind of complaint from someone who loves the look and appearance of their ride for so long ...and not do anything about solving the problem.

There was not much I could do at the time and unfortunately, she too was not inclined to be crawling around on her hands and knees to remedy the problem with a regular removal of the PITA pinned-in Nissan LOGO-ed Black Auto Carpets while vacuuming and cleaning up this distracting mess. I pondered this problem for a while and quite by accident… later decided that after seeing some unique Coconut Husk Woven Door Mats ordinarily associated with their use around dwelling doorways, to use them and hope that this would become a very useful solution to this problem.

I convinced my son to obtain two of these Natural Fiber Mats… and with very little effort involved, he channeled and cleared away a rectangular patch a few inches deep into the Grassy-Sandy area adjacent the narrow open side of our concrete driveway… right where her standing and walking area is situated, just aft of the Driver’s Door of the Nissan. Then he inlaid two of these Mats end to end right into the dirt. Being as they are a Natural, Durable Fiber Material, they blended right in. And while preventing any Grass to grow in from underneath… they also remained in place and constantly useful under any and all weather conditions, too.... keeping all that junk out of her car.

This idea worked very well in giving her a nice, non-slip place to stand… and the chance to wipe off her feet just prior to climbing into her car. That was over three years ago… and while the time has come now to replace the remnants of the older, original two mats… they really held up quite well to a lot of foot traffic, grass cutting nearby and to any rot or decay due to how durable Coconut Husk Fibers really are. For some reason… these mats are getting harder and harder to find now. But if you have a similar problem to solve… the idea might suit you as well… and right now… they ARE available on Amazon via this Link:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B7TDVYY/?tag=gmtnation-20

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online