wheels with spacers

deonlj2

Original poster
Jan 21, 2012
I am going to be lifting my TB in the near future. I'm wanting to get new rims and try to get away with out running spacers. I found some rims that are 17x8 with a 25mm offset. I'm thinking about running 265/70 17 tires on them. Would I be able to run this combo with out spacers or would I still need spacers.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas

deonlj2

Original poster
Jan 21, 2012
djthumper said:
Offset is based off of the centerline of the rim. Backspace is based off the the mounting surface to the outer lip of the rim. Here is a good calculator that allows you to play with the offsets to show you the backspace. Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com

Thanks for the info. The orignal site i was looking at only showed the offset. Does anyone know what kind of back space I would need to have to get away from wheel spacers.

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
the roadie said:
Read: Offset (wheel) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Negative offset is bad. It pushes the tires outside the wheel well.

Extreme positive offset (50mm) is what the OEM rims were designed with.

fadyasha said:
I think your safest bet will be anywhere between 12+ and 25+ when running the adapters from Mark. This is what he advised me earlier
thumbsup.gif

From a pervious theead.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
deonlj2 said:
Thanks for the info. The orignal site i was looking at only showed the offset. Does anyone know what kind of back space I would need to have to get away from wheel spacers.

Consider this when looking to not run spacers. The spacers are generally 1.3 to 1.5" so that sticks you out that much from where the wheel seats. The stock wheels have approximately 6" backspacing on 7" wide wheels. So if you get an 8" wheel and get a 4.5 to 5" backspace you should be fine for the most part. I just recently bout 16X8 wheels with a 25mm offset and it gave me about 9/16" more clearance from the steering knuckle.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.