Wheel Spacers

Traz

Original poster
Jan 10, 2018
Michigan
Hey everyone, just had a quick question. I'm looking to widen my Envoys stance a little. Not a lot, just make them go past the fender (I've always thought the front wheels looked especially sunken in)

Anyway, has anyone used wheel spacers and had any problems? Any specific brand? Thanks

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Hey everyone, just had a quick question. I'm looking to widen my Envoys stance a little. Not a lot, just make them go past the fender (I've always thought the front wheels looked especially sunken in)

Anyway, has anyone used wheel spacers and had any problems? Any specific brand? Thanks
MarkMC the "The Lift Meister" has been the go-to for wheel spacers, adapters, and lift/level kits on our platform.
http://theliftmeister.com/public_html/theliftmeister.com/page4/page4.html

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Reactions: Traz

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
x2 on those. They're hubcentric so no balance or centering issues. Spacers are necessary when using stock wheels with a lift and oversized tires, so a number of us who were/are lifted have used them.

Reactions: xavierny25

Traz

Original poster
Jan 10, 2018
Michigan
I've heard of some people having problems with the spacers. One in particular is a buddy at work drives a Volvo and his wheel came flying off supposedly. Entirely possible that he didn't torque it correctly.

But also heard of more wear on the tires, how true is that?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Cheap spacers or improperly torqued lugs can lead to that. Those cheapies on ebay that fit 3 different bolt patterns? Yeah, avoid those like the plague.

Never had more wear on the tires. Spacers could accentuate a bad alignment and cause more wear that way, but if things are aligned properly (get the alignment with the spacers on) you're fine.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
90K miles of spacer/adapter use on my truck...zero issues. Use them off and on with certain wheels on my Trans Am ...zero issues. I get good life out of my tires, but I am a stickler for air pressure and rotations and keeping a decent alignment.

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
70K running MarkMc's 1.5 spacers. no issues. switch from summer to winter rims and visa versa every year. never had any unusual wear issues. :twocents:

Reactions: Matt and Traz

Traz

Original poster
Jan 10, 2018
Michigan
thanks everyone. You guys are the best

oh, I almost forgot. I have Rear Wheel Drive. I'm getting some bigger tires, but like I said its mostly for the aggressive look and fitting the tires. That shouldn't be a problem should it? Does it wear down the bearing faster?

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
There isn't some formula to know exactly how much less life you'd get out of bearings from the spacers and heavier tires, but it isn't drastic as you're not going crazy with it. I ran lifted with spacers and heavier tires and never had anything wear out any faster than I would have expected. Still got nearly 100k out of the ball joints I put on there and they weren't bad when the vehicle rusted and died.

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
bought my 09 new in 09.(4x4) at 30-33k lifted it w/ Mark Mc's 3" front/2" rear kit, 1.5" spacers and 265/65/18 destination AT's.
ran that for 40k miles. replaced front end components, (ball joint, shocks , end links etc.) went back to stock. currently at 107K, (still with spacers and bigger tires. ) have not replaced a wheel bearing/ hub ever. JUST DO IT !! you will be happy with the look. I AM!!!!

Reactions: Traz and xavierny25

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I've heard of some people having problems with the spacers. One in particular is a buddy at work drives a Volvo and his wheel came flying off supposedly. Entirely possible that he didn't torque it correctly.

But also heard of more wear on the tires, how true is that?
Probably some cheap non-hub centric crap. Never heard any guys on hear say anything about wear or any hub issues.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online