Wheel position sensor replaced

SpeedUp

Original poster
Apr 15, 2017
McKinney, TX
Hi all, I have been getting the traction control dash lights, so after researching here, I found threads talking about the issue, and replacing the wheel position sensor..

I replaced my sensor yesterday, the lights are gone, so thats the good news..

Not sure if this is normal, and I am hoping it will go away with time, but now when I am driving, I can hear a noise when turning the wheel. The noise is hard to describe, its not really a "bad" sounding noise, like something is failing, but it kind of sounds like when you stretch a rubber band really far.

is it those metal looking "tangs" inside the sensor? I made sure to pull the safety pin thing that comes with the new sensor, but I didnt pull it until it was all put back together, so I hope I didnt damage the sensor by it trying to turn some..

any advice? has anyone else heard this?

floridafitz

Jan 2, 2012
Winter Springs FL
Had to replace mine this month as well. Not bold enough this time to DIY. It had been throwing a code... throttle position sensor I think .... and traction control light intermittent for 4-6 months. Finally clobbered me on expressway when cel and and engine icon with thick down arrow lit up and my power was throttled WAY back. Limped off the nearest exit and shut down engine for 10 minutes. Started back up with cel still on but engine at regular power. Drove immediately to my indie shop. They said there were numerous codes which on further investigation, pointed to the steering wheel position sensor. Replaced and so far all is well after one month.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The SWPS has absolutely nothing to do with the throttle. There are a few things that can throw the throttle system off, the most common are a bad throttle pedal sensor, a bad throttle body, wiring and bad 5v reference caused by a bad EV fan clutch.

Reactions: xavierny25

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online

No members online now.