Wheel hop front right when in 4x4

GregT

Original poster
Jan 12, 2012
This has been an issue for some time now. I recently had work done to my truck my mechanic says that the 4x4 docent seam to be engaging all the way but later said it was engaging. When accelerating on snow covered area it feels like a wheel hope feeling. Only on the right side when 4x4 is engaged. Only thing I can think of is bad CV joints. They are original half shafts with 89,000 now. I'm on the Smaxx 2.5 lift cv boots are in good shape too no tears or grease leakage. :undecided:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
CV or a dead front differential. Are you current on all fluid changes? You can distinguish its current behavior from normal crow hopping that you always get with 4HI on pavement or high-traction surfaces?

GregT

Original poster
Jan 12, 2012
the roadie said:
CV or a dead front differential. Are you current on all fluid changes? You can distinguish its current behavior from normal crow hopping that you always get with 4HI on pavement or high-traction surfaces?

Yes I did all my fluid changes last summer. Seams to do it on dry or snow covered roads. How do you check a bad cv joint? Maybe wheel hop is the wrong why to describe it. It feels like a shutter always the passenger side. Like somethings lose.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online

No members online now.