Wheel cleaning

dingle

Original poster
May 26, 2012
i was just curious i have big factory chrome 18's on the saab and i was wondering if these wheels are clear coated? and what kind of wheel cleaner/polish you guys are using? they look good from a couple feet away but when i get close i can see surface straches and some other imperfections. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dec 4, 2011
The 18's on my Denali are definitely clear coated. I had a leaking brake caliper and got brake fluid on one and it peeled the clear coat right off. :frown: Waiting until the fall when I will try to repair the clear.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Use meguiars clear coat wheel cleaner. Works good. Make sure its the clear coat cleaner.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
:iagree:

you cant use too many cleaners on our wheels due to the clear coat finish... what i do for my SS wheels are just simply wash them as im washing the truck, then wax them when i wax the trcuk, and use meguiers quick mist inbetween times... plus i have ceramic pads all the way around, so brake dust is minimal.. and my rims stay pretty much dirt free unless im caught in a rain storm while i have her out for the day..

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online