What's ur suspension? LIFTED. LOWERED. or STOCK?? And future.

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
It'd be nice to have a thread where members post what they've done to their suspension: LIFTED. LOWERED. STOCK

Mine: stock, but gonna lower with a 2/3 belltech drop with tonys a arms.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
I'm lifted.....The Lift Meister 2 1/2" lift

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Mild lift...check my build thread

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Stock, hoping to go up 2.5" by the end of this year.

Wyle

Dec 4, 2011

07Blazerman

Dec 4, 2011
Stock for now, probably only going to do a shock upgrade to either the Bilstein HD's or the Monroe Sensa-Trac's. I would like to do a lift kit, but she is only rwd and the only off road she does is the gravel driveway at the future inlaws house.:rotfl:

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Mine is so stock, even the shocks are original.

I have changed the rear sway bar end links.

cody_s

Dec 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
07Blazerman said:
Stock for now, probably only going to do a shock upgrade to either the Bilstein HD's or the Monroe Sensa-Trac's. I would like to do a lift kit, but she is only rwd and the only off road she does is the gravel driveway at the future inlaws house.:rotfl:

I've got a 2WD as well, still handles quite well off road, though I do have the G80 differential.

As far as suspension, I'm lifted with Mark's 3" suspension lift.

GotAir?

Jan 7, 2012
Bagged & Bodydropped. Custom frame, T-Bird independent rear suspension, Art Morrison front suspension with Mustang II spindles, and shocks at all 4 corners.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
02 TB: 3" MarkMc new style lift, flipped UCAs (going back to normal though), Bilstein HD fronts, Pro Comp 9000 rears, Hotchkis rear swaybar, Hotchkis front/rear poly swaybar bushings. (So its lifted but still corners pretty flat :wootwoot:smile:

08 SS: Front all stock, rear height levelers adjusted to be level with front, DJM rear swaybar, DJM/Hotckis front/rear poly swaybushings. Need the stiffening plate and crossmember next! Eventually will have kbee coilovers, DJM a-arms modded by Tony, not sure what Im going to do in the rear yet.

When my brother swaps the 02 out for his Jetta after the snow melts in Montana, Ill be able to do some small trails plus rip around town. And people call me crazy for wanting a lifted and lowered TB, I told them it was a matter of time and 3 years later here we are! Muahaha!

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
Stock and ready to drop. Nothing drastic, maybe 2"f/3"r....

Yeah, yeah, I know.... It's sacrilege to drop a 4wd... My TB is a grocery getter. No need to raise it up :smile:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Hmmm, I am going to go with all three!

02 Envoy: lifted; 2.5" suspension, 3" body, 33" MT's

02 Bravada: lowered; 2" beltech drop struts, rear air bag sensors lowered

05 Trailblazer: stock

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
ScarabEpic22 said:
02 TB: 3" MarkMc new style lift, flipped UCAs (going back to normal though),

Curious, why is this? I thought flipped UCAs is supposed to help.

jrSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Regulator said:
Hmmm, I am going to go with all three!

02 Envoy: lifted; 2.5" suspension, 3" body, 33" MT's

02 Bravada: lowered; 2" beltech drop struts, rear air bag sensors lowered

05 Trailblazer: stock

Lol damn, think this thread is made just for u

mika

Dec 6, 2011
Mark"s 2.5" lift kit:thumbsup:

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Sparky said:
Curious, why is this? I thought flipped UCAs is supposed to help.

I cant get the camber in line, its way too positive right now. Donny mentioned I should try swapping the UCAs back to stock as they push the mounting point farther out. Since thats where my problem is, he thinks I should be able to get back in spec by doing this. Have to wait until April/May though when the truck comes back to Seattle, out in Montana currently for the winter.

I wonder if it has to do with how the 3" new style lift works vs the 2-2.5" lifts most people use. Who knows, time will tell. If it doesnt look better after flipping them, Ill flip 'em back!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
ScarabEpic22 said:
I cant get the camber in line, its way too positive right now. Donny mentioned I should try swapping the UCAs back to stock as they push the mounting point farther out. Since thats where my problem is, he thinks I should be able to get back in spec by doing this. Have to wait until April/May though when the truck comes back to Seattle, out in Montana currently for the winter.

I wonder if it has to do with how the 3" new style lift works vs the 2-2.5" lifts most people use. Who knows, time will tell. If it doesnt look better after flipping them, Ill flip 'em back!

I had no issue getting a solid alignment with flipped UCA when I had the 2.5 old style and with the 3.0 new style from mark.

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
Stock, but, Eric has kindly offered to come and gave me a hand installing lift and shocks. So on Feb 25th Eric's going to be eating Pancit and Lumpia while helping me install. :thumbsup:

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
ScarabEpic22 said:
When my brother swaps the 02 out for his Jetta after the snow melts in Montana,...

I have three brothers, and let me say, once he's driven the lifted 4x4 "02" for a while you can kiss it goodbye. Eric, you are now the proud owner of a Jetta. :biggrin:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
jbones said:
Stock, but, Eric has kindly offered to come and gave me a hand installing lift and shocks. So on Feb 25th Eric's going to be eating Pancit and Lumpia while helping me install. :thumbsup:

Some real filipino food! :thumbsup:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
jbones said:
The real McCoy! No store bought crap, made from scratch by my wife in our kitchen.

I know where I need to visit the next time I am in the north west. :wink: I am half filipino.

MDBT

Jan 26, 2012
Stock, but it's the 9-7x, so I guess it's "factory lowered" :wink:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
jbones said:
Wow, the body lift is off?

Not sure how a 3 inch body lift would lower it 4 inches...:raspberry:

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
HARDTRAILZ said:
Not sure how a 3 inch body lift would lower it 4 inches...:raspberry:

Took out the rubber bushings.

Currently, my suspension includes markmc's 2.5" lift. I am going to remove it though, so the senior citizens can get in. I will however, put it in in the winter so my A/T tires will fit.

TB360

Dec 29, 2011
SS Stock. Lowering it even further for me is too low. But it's just me :smile:

Jakers

Dec 4, 2011
Rockton, Il
Soon to be lifted. Have all the parts together but front springs and tires...

But options are slim, so probably work with the stockers for now

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
Jakers said:
Soon to be lifted. Have all the parts together but front springs and tires...

But options are slim, so probably work with the stockers for now

Which lift kit are you installing, and why new front springs, are you lowered right now?

Jakers

Dec 4, 2011
Rockton, Il
I have Marks 3" Lift. flipping UCAs, and Z71 with spacers in rear. New shocks and struts all the way around. Not lowered but have pretty soft stock front springs. Will be (a) buying bumper/skids or (b) fabricating my own. Would desire a stiffer front spring (86-88) for the added weight.

woody79

Dec 3, 2011
My '08 is stock .... I would love to lift it a little, but its out DD and can't justify the expense on our budget. Besides my wife drives it to and from work everyday, so until we get a smaller car with better gas mileage I guess its staying stock.

Also got the original shocks and springs.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher