What's this?

WarGawd

Original poster
Sep 2, 2012
Ok, the first time I saw this stuff hanging out of my exhaust, I had just backed into a field full of weeds, assumed it was random garbage that had gotten caught in my tailpipe, and never thought about it again till today.

Today I did some data logging for an hour, including a couple 0-60 runs, to get some baseline info before I change t-stat, ECT and PCM....and when I got home this was hanging out the exhaust again...fiberglass from the resonator?

View attachment 23872

View attachment 23873

Thx ;-)

Attachments

• 2012-11-12-520.jpg
    2012-11-12-520.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 2012-11-12-521.jpg
    2012-11-12-521.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 15

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
From the looks of it I would assume brunettes are not your type lol :raspberry:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I used to have a snappy comeback for this common question, but forgot what it was....:frown:

WarGawd

Original poster
Sep 2, 2012
the roadie said:
I used to have a snappy comeback for this common question, but forgot what it was....:frown:

LMAO - at least you remembered that you used to have a comeback :raspberry::rotfl:

EDIT: Perhaps you've also forgotten your oft-referred to search methodology and could try something like "site:trailvoy.com roadie loose resonator fiberglass" to track down one of those previously posted retorts? :raspberry: :wootwoot: :crackup:

And before you say it, yes I could have searched too - but I was due at work, and wasn't really sure what terms to search on

WarGawd

Original poster
Sep 2, 2012
Kidding aside, it seems like 'glass, pretty tough, def not hair (If I accidentally ran over a brunette it's her own damn fault for wearing a wig) - I just didn't know if these resonators had fiberglass in them, or maybe it was dislodged from further upstream.

I've never seen this before - any cause for concern?

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I have only seen the fiber glass "hair" on here 2 other times and from those posts it does not appear to be anything to worry about.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
WarGawd said:
I just didn't know if these resonators had fiberglass in them, or maybe it was dislodged from further upstream.

I believe I posted mine at the same time you did....don't want you to think I didn't read your post again since it was directly above mine. :biggrin:

GCTB1289

Mar 19, 2012
the roadie said:

Roadie your age is showing hahaha:raspberry::rotfl:

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
the roadie said:
I was putting in a new kitchen faucet last night, and in true plumber's pants fashion, Mrs. Roadie advised me something else was showing. She lost interesting in helping me at that point. :redface:

:yikes: TMI! TMI! :rotfl:

harveyfam2001

Aug 24, 2012
the roadie said:
I was putting in a new kitchen faucet last night, and in true plumber's pants fashion, Mrs. Roadie advised me something else was showing. She lost interesting in helping me at that point. :redface:

Bad mental picture!!

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Lol @ roadie. And yes it is the fiberglass packing in the res. No need for concern....your exhaust might sound a little better after all that shit comes out. Takes a while tho. And if are handling that stuff use gloves....itchy-ness.
y7eva8en.jpg

Here's mine.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adungyyy

Members Online