What's this 12 pin plug for?

Midnyteryder196

Original poster
Dec 13, 2013
Osceola,Ia
uploadfromtaptalk1426909101102.jpg

Found this plug attached to the top of the driver side footwell panel (the one that attaches to the knee panel under steering wheel). Any one know what it's for?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I don't know what that's for, but I did tap into the orange wire for my power folding mirror controller out of convenience.

Reactions: Midnyteryder196

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
In all the trucks ive torn apart ive noticed alot of different connectors in the bottom panels connected to nothing and knowing your truck my best guess would be for the bose systems

kickass audio

Aug 25, 2012
There is a lot of weird wiring on our truck. Hell, while looking at the schematic for you to make sure that is what it was, I stumbled upon how I can tap into the RAP feature and use that if I wanted to. Still not sure if I want to with my system and would rather have it like it is now where its only hot with the key in ACCY or RUN but still cool that I found the wire I can tap into for it. haha.

kickass audio

Aug 25, 2012
Haha. Sorry man. I have so much planned on my truck, it's just a matter of finding time to do it since I don't have a garage I can park inside of to work on.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
When I took my dash apart to get the cluster out, on the back of the block off plate where the 4wd switch would be there was a 4 or 5 pin connector clipped to it.... I'm guessing they come with the 4wd harness whether they have it or not?

I apologize for going off subject. Just thought I'd bring it up since we're talking about mystery connectors lol.

Reactions: kickass audio

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Guaranteed it's one of the two splice packs for data communication. They are brought together in those two shorting combs to enable troubleshooting a data comm problem. When you have a single bus that goes to the same wire and then ALL AROUND the vehicle to each of the intelligent modules, a wire short or bad module in any one place can take down the entire vehicle. To troubleshoot that sort of problem, you take out the shorting comb, then use a meter to check the wire in the connector that fans out to the modules for being shorted to ground or held at 5V. If you have none of that, then you can add one module at a time back into the circuit by using wires, or the ol' "Scotch Tape on one finger of the comb at a time trick" to isolate possibly bad circuits or modules.

Old engineering trick to troubleshoot a shared signal bus.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Confirmed, Splice Pack SP205. Check the 2002 wiring diagram, under Computer Data Lines on page 22. All the wire colors shown there are on that pack.

Reactions: Midnyteryder196

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online