NEED HELP What's the part called?

Boatman

Original poster
Jul 2, 2013
Hey guys,

I had to replace my sunroof awhile back and still can't find 1 part to make everything complete. It's a little bump stop on the wind deflector, and I only have the one for the passenger side. I'm looking for one for the driver side because without it the deflector goes nuts in the wind and makes a lot of noise. Any suggestions? I've attached picture of the one on the passenger side.

image.jpeg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I have the same problem on my TB but the passenger side. Don't know the name of this thing and don't know if you can get them from the dealer neither. And getting them at a pick-a-part would be impossible unless you can sneak in a power pack to power up the truck and open the sunroof (that's if the key is in the ignition too unless you want to pull the ignition switch too to activate it). So much trouble for such a tiny part!

Boatman

Original poster
Jul 2, 2013
It sounds like we are both in the same boat. It's so annoying. I need to find a wrecked TB where the sunroof glass cracked or something. With all that said...... Want to ship me the one you have?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Uh, no.

Boatman

Original poster
Jul 2, 2013
Damn, well I tried. I almost wish someone with a 3D printer could make one. It would be easier than trying to get one from a junk yard.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Or remove the deflector.

Boatman

Original poster
Jul 2, 2013
Did you do this? Without getting into to much detail this is the reason I replaced my entire sunroof.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
No, not yet but you can see what it sounds like by just holding it down with your hand. Turns into a low level drone kind of noise.

budwich

Jun 16, 2013
kanata
Damn, well I tried. I almost wish someone with a 3D printer could make one. It would be easier than trying to get one from a junk yard.

be a little creative yourself. try some hard wood "blank" first and "copy" your other side's "part". If you are successful, you can try machine another material (plastic or metal).

coolasice

Oct 27, 2013
Northern Maine
I looked over parts diagrams and only thing I can see is that it is part of the deflector(12476161 DEFLECTOR,SUN RF AIR(W/STOP BUMPERS) $67.82).

what if you made a small limit strap instead of the bump stops?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That is a great idea!

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
I don't have a sun roof but would it be possible to use washers?

budwich

Jun 16, 2013
kanata
get a rubber foot, ones that they used on electrical equipment or equivalent and silicon it in place after you "shave" it to "fit".
better still, go to Lowes / homedepot and get a rubber grommet and "work" it accordingly.

Last edited:

Boatman

Original poster
Jul 2, 2013
I think I'll be able to finagle something using some wire, epoxy, and a piece of rubber this weekend. We'll see how this goes.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.