What's going on here? Oilgore

ShadowClutch

Original poster
Sep 5, 2012
Hello ladies and genetlemen,

Anyone have any idea what's going on here? :eek:

Took the wheels off to lube up the sway links and take a look around. Was planning on changing the oil this weekend. Level is high.

Attachments

• IMAG0242.jpg
    IMAG0242.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 12

Mypetropig

Dec 29, 2011
Looks like your filter might be a little loose and you have some blow by or your oil pressure switch is leaking.

ShadowClutch

Original poster
Sep 5, 2012
Mypetropig said:
Looks like your filter might be a little loose and you have some blow by or your oil pressure switch is leaking.

Thanks, and these would be my uneducated guesses. Typically, when I change the filter, I make it pretty snug, but I'm cautious about overtightening.

I don't know anything about and oil pressure switch. Any ideas on how to check or replace? Do you know a part reference?

RockAuto doesn't show anything called an oil pressure switch. It does show an "Oil Level Sensor":
getimage.php

and an "Oil Level Sender":
getimage.php

But they look identical, and not related to my picture.

ShadowClutch

Original poster
Sep 5, 2012
CaptainXL said:

That's it. How did you come up with that part listing?

I went to Electrical Switches and found an "Oil Pressure Sender" but the one you linked was $10, and the ones associated with my vehicle were were $30, listed as D1843A... Is there a significant difference between parts?

This seems very simple, and has definitely reduced my worries. Thanks.

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
ShadowClutch said:
That's it. How did you come up with that part listing?

I went to Electrical Switches and found an "Oil Pressure Sender" but the one you linked was $10, and the ones associated with my vehicle were were $30, listed as D1843A... Is there a significant difference between parts?

This seems very simple, and has definitely reduced my worries. Thanks.

My mistake. I originally linked to the D1843 which shows that the trailblazer is not a supported vehicle. They might be compatible but I don't know and you probably shouldn't take the risk. Unless someone here says otherwise I would go with the D1843A.

The AC Delco parts catalog says to use D1843A not the D1843 http://parts-catalog.acdelco.com/catalog

If you click on that link and the click "Search By Part Number" at the top of the page you can enter both part numbers and see what the vehicle application list is for each.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph5432

Members Online