Whatever happend to.....? (GMTN Alumni)

07TrailyLS

Original poster
May 7, 2014
Toledo ohio
So this is way out in left field. I’ve been on this site since mid 2013 I believe and I was just curious whatever happend to “the roadie”. That dude had so many informative posts it’s astounding. Did he just sell his envoy and move on like most?

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Mooseman mentioned a few weeks earlier that it looks like Roadie is retired and off the beaten path these days.
No word on whether he still has the Voy (although I bet he does...just a hunch.)

Reactions: 07TrailyLS

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Last I heard he still has the voy, just his main interests have changed and he's moved on to other things that interest him. He's really into Space-X does photography and stuff at launches. At least that's the best I remember from when he told us himself why he's mia now.

Reactions: Reprise

07TrailyLS

Original poster
May 7, 2014
Toledo ohio
Great to know guys thanks. It just peaked my curiosity as of late.

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
The last time I talked to him he still has the Envoy. As stated, since his retirement in real life he is doing a lot of stuff with SpaceX and their launches.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
The last I heard he got busy with his own shop and life. That has been quite some time ago.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I agree. I was curious what had come of the legend. We should have a 'Where are they now' section for the legends who are MIA.

Now does anyone know what @MAY03LT is up to?
He runs his own shop, occasionally posts videos on YouTube.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
He runs his own shop, occasionally posts videos on YouTube.

Yep. Just saw his latest on throttle body cleaning on later full size trucks.

Life changes, People change, people move on. Good idea on the thread. I'll modify and sticky this one and see if it catches on.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
He sure left an imprint and got people to check out the forum.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Yep. Just saw his latest on throttle body cleaning on later full size trucks.

Life changes, People change, people move on. Good idea on the thread. I'll modify and sticky this one and see if it catches on.

Good thing I never tried cleaning the throttle body on my Silverado yet with the assumption it was like the 360 on the relearn. I knew something was up because I've seen so many reports of weird running for a while after people have cleaned theirs (eventually it does usually figure itself out) but I just didn't want to risk it until I knew more. Bingo, now I know.

Leaving that sucker alone!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I remember a bunch of them, even founders of the site like @Ghoster. @Regulator , @Denali n DOO and @fishsticks also come to mind. And no, fishsticks wasn't banned, that's just his avatar because he got banned on TrailVoy.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Reactions: CaptainKD

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I know @Regulator still has his Voy. He's just not active on forums much these days.

I do miss the old crew bouncing around though.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Yes the Captain 👨‍✈️ lots of laughs back in the day. The old post whore thread.
Very good times, it was a mad house lol. I remember posts would be flowing so fast, you'd think it was instant messaging.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I do miss Roadie with his smart ass answers and snarky remarks.

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
He sure left an imprint and got people to check out the forum.

Sure did! Loved the videos as they were informative without being boring or dull!

I do miss Roadie with his smart ass answers and snarky remarks.

Even now whenever I go through old posts i really enjoy Roadies posts 😊

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
It seems that some of us just text or call more these days rather than going on the forums. I talked and texted with two members this weekend. All of us have newer kids though and computer time just dont seem to fit between them and vehicle work.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
It seems that some of us just text or call more these days rather than going on the forums. I talked and texted with two members this weekend. All of us have newer kids though and computer time just dont seem to fit between them and vehicle work.

:goodpost: Most of the FL members who used to come to all our meets between Tampa and Orlando have retired from the forum for various reasons, but are still around offline from time to time. Everybody is busy with families, home owner stuff, newer vehicles and life in general, so getting online, or getting together for meets isn't as easy as it used to be. :frown:

rizzo20

Not only do I wonder what happened to old members but I wonder what happened to their rides. There are some sweet 360's on this site and I wonder if those older members that disappear, is it because they sold their 360's or maybe they still have them but don't want to be involved in the GMT community anymore.

I would love to see if @-DouG- did any more cool mods to his Envoy "Daisy". He hasn't been around since Feb of '16 but I really like the things he did to his 'Voy.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
One member I just remembered was very active and then, poof, gone. @Voymom

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Not only do I wonder what happened to old members but I wonder what happened to their rides. There are some sweet 360's on this site and I wonder if those older members that disappear, is it because they sold their 360's or maybe they still have them but don't want to be involved in the GMT community anymore.

I would love to see if @-DouG- did any more cool mods to his Envoy "Daisy". He hasn't been around since Feb of '16 but I really like the things he did to his 'Voy.
31 messages he was not here for long, his last post was 2015 and last visit 2016.

One member I just remembered was very active and then, poof, gone. @Voymom
She is around but kind of got run off from the forums for some reason.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Last I've gathered from videos MAY03LT is back to being employed by someone and has been for a while, nothing wrong there and from what he's said he's making out well now. One of his recent videos he went over the flat rate system at the end and he's got it down to a science lol.

Just talked to dmanns a few weeks ago on Instagram, he's got a new job and moved states, just doesn't have time to come around like he used to, didn't mention any hard feelings.

How about @Sib? Haven't heard from him in a long while, been meaning to text him but have never gotten around to it.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Roadie had pretty much moved on by the time I got here, but I came across one of his posts a few weeks back that I wanted to start a thread on (and will, soon.)

May03LT provided a ton of knowledge w/ his YT vids (and I think they referenced GMTN to me, as they did for others.) I'd still be looking for info via 'the old site', if it weren't for that. :sadcry:

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Roadie had pretty much moved on by the time I got here, but I came across one of his posts a few weeks back that I wanted to start a thread on (and will, soon.)

May03LT provided a ton of knowledge w/ his YT vids (and I think they referenced GMTN to me, as they did for others.) I'd still be looking for info via 'the old site', if it weren't for that. :sadcry:

Same! Although those of us still here are a great folk and I would hate it if you guys turned into 'legends' 😂

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I believe the entire staff right now are all part of the early members of the site.

I_Shoot_Back

Feb 18, 2018
Ponoka
I'm waiting on a new throttle body. It should be here Monday. Thanks for the offer. I'm in bad shape. I think my cancer fight might be about over. My wife's brother is going to help my daughter install it. Witch is a good thing. He's a lot better with electrical stuff than me.

Don't know the man,while lurking I ran into this post from stormsurge. Reading "I think my cancer fight might be about over" and seeing this was his last post here,gave me the chills :sadcry: Did he pass?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Don't know the man,while lurking I ran into this post from stormsurge. Reading "I think my cancer fight might be about over" and seeing this was his last post here,gave me the chills :sadcry: Did he pass?

Looks like he last logged in 4 months after that post. I didn't know him personally, so I can't say. Hopefully that's not the case, and he just moved on from the site. :grouphug:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Reactions: Midnyteryder196

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
As Hardtrailz said, most of us just communicate via phones or facebook. Still talk to 90% of the people listed in this thread lol. The good ole days were good. Most of us still get together every so often, usually atleast once a year in some aspect or another. Definitely made some life long friends here.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
I'm always around. I usually lurk around on my lunch breaks to see whats new and going on.

Reactions: Redbeard

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.