What would you pay?

Gibby

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
2006 Envoy Denali XL 120,000 miles, blown engine.

I am just about ready to pull the engine, a few bolts left, ordering the new engine as soon as it is out, but I have decided to probably sell it.

What would you pay for it, in its current condition of a blown engine?

What would you pay for it, with a brand new engine with 3yr/36,000 mile warranty?

What would you pay for it, with a brand new 2010 LS3 engine with a 2yr/24,000 mile warranty?

Just trying to weigh in on my options.

n0kfb

Dec 8, 2011
Gibby said:
2006 Envoy Denali XL 120,000 miles, blown engine.

I am just about ready to pull the engine, a few bolts left, ordering the new engine as soon as it is out, but I have decided to probably sell it.

What would you pay for it, in its current condition of a blown engine?

What would you pay for it, with a brand new engine with 3yr/36,000 mile warranty?

What would you pay for it, with a brand new 2010 LS3 engine with a 2yr/24,000 mile warranty?

Just trying to weigh in on my options.

From what I can tell, the truck is worth about $14,000 in good working order.

I'm guessing that installing a rebuilt engine costs around $5k; I'd expect to pay $12k to $13k for a truck with a non-original rebuilt engine. Also, I'd guess it is worth $7k the way it sits.

My thinking is that yes, the engine might be brand new, but whatever neglect caused the engine to fail also caused additional wear to the rest of the truck, and I would not expect to get another 100,000 miles from the truck.

Best of luck!

-- Dan Meyer :coffee:

Gibby

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
n0kfb said:
From what I can tell, the truck is worth about $14,000 in good working order.

I'm guessing that installing a rebuilt engine costs around $5k; I'd expect to pay $12k to $13k for a truck with a non-original rebuilt engine. Also, I'd guess it is worth $7k the way it sits.

My thinking is that yes, the engine might be brand new, but whatever neglect caused the engine to fail also caused additional wear to the rest of the truck, and I would not expect to get another 100,000 miles from the truck.

Best of luck!

-- Dan Meyer :coffee:

Thanks Dan, exactly what I am looking for, honesty!

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
LS3 I would be severely picky with that's putting the faith all in the builder.

Replacement with warranty you have a 0 mile engine in front of a 120k tranny 13-15k

Blown Engine 4k-5 MAX for me 120k BLOWN is just a "what else is wrong" moment lol

smitty5150

Nov 18, 2011
I can't say what I would pay, cause I dont know. What I would do, though....get a 5.3 from a wreck and rebuild it with better components. Build up a 4l60e with a shift kit, etc. Throw it all in and have a blast.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Honestly, I would pay no more than 4k as I can get a 2008 Denali with no engine now for $3500.00 and that's with extremely good body condition, interior condition and less miles, plus a warranty on the transmission and other engine components and a hefty mechanics discount if I used the person's mechanic for whatever issues might come forward.

With a rebuilt engine, no matter what type of engine it would sell with, I wouldn't pay more than maybe 10k and that's being nice lol trucks SUV's cars all go for extremely cheap here with rebuilt engines and engine components, but that's private seller prices too. Go to a stealership or a buy here pay here and your looking to pay an extreme amount for something that will take you from A to B but you would be lucky to make it back to A lol

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
LS3 I would be severely picky with that's putting the faith all in the builder.

Replacement with warranty you have a 0 mile engine in front of a 120k tranny 13-15k

Blown Engine 4k-5 MAX for me 120k BLOWN is just a "what else is wrong" moment lol

I would say more like $1500-2K

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online