What would you do?

fishguy1123

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
I'm shopping for new tires. I really like the look and reviews of the cooper at3's! The best price I've been able to get is 730.00 otd. I called a.... ford dealer because of the ad they run on tv and they don't carry the coopers, they gave me a price on the goodyear fortera hl's of 630.00 otd + a 100.00 rebate! The goodyears are not a first choice, but at 200 less I'm haveing a hard time decideing. I don't offroad much at all. Just like the look of the cooper and the reviews were great. So... what would you do? Thanks

fishguy1123

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
I keep looking at the treadwrites... tempting! I'd mostly be concerned with mpg and the free balancing/rotations you normally get locally. Rotations I can do, but balancing not so much... lol Never had tires shipped and then installed before so if the install would cover that without buying from them that could make a difference.

LordBear

Dec 22, 2011
i like to get les schwab tires..but any who... went and got a price and then came home and looked online and found the exact same tires i wanted on ebay for a ton less.. i have seen a couple of prices but the last time i looked i could get the same tires that swchab sells... from ebay shipping included then take them to the shop and have them installed... for 1-200 less. so i may end up doing that soon.. unless i can make this baldys last thru summer...so i can get this lift kit on..lol if not the kit might have to wait tell next summer

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
hey man, i have the Goodyear forteras on my truck. i paid $610 otd so that sounds like a good price. I wanted bigger tires as well but went with these.. for street performance theyre awesome!! best tires ive ever felt on a truck! Just my :twocents: so IMO if you got them you wouldnt be dissapointed for the price. for looks: there black walls whick i like and dont look bad, but they deff dont look "offroady"
Dan

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Another vote for the Forteras. They are wearing very well. Obviously they're not trail tires.

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
fishguy1123 said:
So, I decided to go with the fortera hl's for the price. 539.00 otd

Good choice!! i think youll be happy with them :thumbsup:

filthyfingers

Apr 7, 2012
I fussed over and over and finally went the original equipment Michelin Cross Terrains. After a few thousand miles, still no buyer's remorse here.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online