What to do to make it funner

MBS1994

Original poster
May 26, 2019
Colorado
Okay so I just wanna start with I dont want to mess with the innards of the motor or trans yet because I'm hoping to one day 6.0/80e swap it and dont want to mess with the same things twice. It in all has LT headers, 3 inch Y, hi flow cats (emissions suck), custom catback, pcmofnc CAI and tune, e fans, I have a corvette servo I will be installing soon along with a trans cooler, hotchkiss rear sway bar, billstein HD shocks, and RC leveling kit. I'm running out of ideas here. Doesnt need to be just go fast parts it can be anything to just make it all around better or more fun. Thanks in advance and hope everyone on here is doing well.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Stopping is also good. Bigger brakes from a SS, or the cheaper route, an XL/EXT. Before going faster, you need to remember you gotta stop too.

Reactions: Redbeard

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Since he has a V8, he already has the bigger brakes. The only upgrade there would be the heavier SS rotors.

MBS1994

Original poster
May 26, 2019
Colorado
Since he has a V8, he already has the bigger brakes. The only upgrade there would be the heavier SS rotors.
I read about it but it didn't seem to be as much about the brakes it was the booster so I have already replaced with drilled and slotted "performance" brakes. I should have mentioned that along with a sound system being there for the most part. I wish I could have found a ss or one down the road.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Except they're expensive and/or abused to death. I have a line on a 9-7x Aero near Toronto but if I buy it, my wife WILL hang my balls from the mirror.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO

MBS1994

Original poster
May 26, 2019
Colorado
Do any of you kind folk have experience with doing a shift kit? I didnt realise how cheap they were and people seem to say it's not to bad to do but transmissions scare me. I'd think a shift kit, vette servo, and I6 converter could definitely make me smile more

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Do any of you kind folk have experience with doing a shift kit? I didnt realise how cheap they were and people seem to say it's not to bad to do but transmissions scare me. I'd think a shift kit, vette servo, and I6 converter could definitely make me smile more
If it makes you feel better.. I will work on any part of a truck/car EXCEPT the transmission. I hate wiring, and I would do wiring before working on a tranny.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Depends on the shift kit. I've done 3 of them, but only as far as valve body. I do the one kit in every 4L60E to add robustness more than anything.

MBS1994

Original poster
May 26, 2019
Colorado
I've been doing a lot of reading and watching videos of the hd2 shift kit and it really doesnt seem so bad. If I could convince the wife I would only go as far as the valve body. I just did my servo over the weekend and it definitely pulls way higher in 1st but it's still not curing my needs for "more fun"....theres worse things to put money too. Still debating if I trust myself enough to drop the whole tranny and do a i6 converter...I know it would be better to do a higher stall but one the cost and two justifying it with how I said end goal is a 80e and a 6.0

MBS1994

Original poster
May 26, 2019
Colorado
Leaning towards a sonnax performance pack. I keep reading it's a little more mild which mild be good because it's a street car. I figure a performance pack, a i6 stall, and a small cam down the road will do enough for fun on the stock drive line

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online