What tires are you running?

IslandRunner

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
What you running and how are they working for you.

I am currently running TreadWright Guard Dogs 285/75/16

A little loud but they ride good and are great offroad!

garciarf

Dec 3, 2011
GY Wrangler SilentArmor LT265/70/17 Load Range E.

Working great so far, got them in June of 10 and I barely see any wear. Feel stiffer than the passenger Michelins I had before, but great in dirt, mud, snow, highway.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Treadwright Guard Dog's on BFG tri-ply side walls. 285/70R17

I am loving these tires. They have gotten me into and out of a lot of interesting terrain. Their customer service is amazing and they will bend over backwards to keep the customer happy. I had a issue early on whit a couple of the tires showing some cracking in the mold, they sent me 5 new tires and told me to keep the old set and do whatever I wanted to with them!

jham

Nov 20, 2011
Goodyear Wrangler MT/R 265/70/17

I am very pleased with these tires get me out of everything I have thrown at them. They are loud and stiff but I was looking for tires that perform well would recommend these to anyone

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Yokhama Geolandar AT/S 265 70R16 So far they are pretty good.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
General Grabber HTS 245/65-17

I have no complaints.

Envoy4Life

Dec 4, 2011
Michelin Latitude Tour on both Envoy's, and GoodYear LS-2 on the Malibu.

rjpoog1989

Dec 4, 2011
Cooper Discoverer ATR: I've only put about 10,000 miles on them, but so far they are holding up well and I haven't gotten stuck in the mud yet!

rcam81

Dec 3, 2011
Onsted, MI
Cooper Discoverer CTS. Going into the second winter with them and no complaints so far.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Pro Comp Xtreme MT. Tires are amazing but the company sucks.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Currently running Firestone Destination A/T in the stock 245/70R16 size. Currently have 30k on them, but there is plenty of tread life left.

I'm interested to see how well everyone's TreadWrights hold up both in traction and lifespan, because those prices are hard to pass up. For the cost of another set of Destinations I almost get a set of bigger tires from TreadWright and Mark's lift.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Firestone Destination A/T 245/65-17 They're good all round but taking off a bit quick in the rain they spin a lot.

Matt

07Blazerman

Dec 4, 2011
Bridgestone Dueler HL Alenzas size 255/55/18

envoyjoe

Dec 6, 2011
well right now im runing the BFG KM2 tire 245/70/17 and im going to a 35inch tire and maybe a 37 if i can fit them but deffenitly a 35 in feb. :wootwoot:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
P
envoyjoe said:
well right now im runing the BFG KM2 tire 245/70/17 and im going to a 35inch tire and maybe a 37 if i can fit them but deffenitly a 35 in feb. :wootwoot:

I know for a fact 35s take a lot to fit and 36s rubbed on dry pavement. I don't see any chance of 37s fitting. Esp if you plan to ever leave pavement.

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
P

I know for a fact 35s take a lot to fit and 36s rubbed on dry pavement. I don't see any chance of 37s fitting. Esp if you plan to ever leave pavement.

unless he goes SAS.......

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
envoyjoe said:

You will cut. A lot. Things will start breaking if you push it hard.

Ask me how I know.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
fishsticks said:
You will cut. A lot. Things will start breaking if you push it hard.

Ask me how I know.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Ummm How do you know? You said to ask...

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
02 TB 3" MarkMc lift: Kumho Road Venture SAT KL61 265/70R16 (stock rims, no spacers). Excellent dry, good wet, and great snow performance.

08 SS:
summer: factory POS Goodyear RS-As 255/50R20 on stock 20s. Not worth buying for your worst enemy, crap wet and horrible snow traction, dry is mediocre.
winter: Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2s 255/65R17 on 17" LTZ rims. Great dry, great wet, and good snow performance.

bore_pig

Nov 25, 2011
285-75-16 Goodyear Duratrac. A little bit of noise, not bad for this type of tread. Need to be rotated every 5k to keep cupping to a minimum but have excellent traction in all conditions, icy roads included.

verbeers

Dec 7, 2011
265/50/20 Toyo Proxes ST II - Great so far, but I only have about 1000 miles on them. They do ride much better than the stock Michelin’s

a05db71c.jpg

ba7e5543.jpg

PProph

Dec 7, 2011
Firestone Destination LE's (came with the ride)
Goodyear Ultra Grip Ice WRTs, after much searching I decided on this winter tire, and it's awesome so far! Some weight in the back with these tires and I haven't needed 4x4 yet.

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/50/20 with 1.3" wheel spacers to bring those wide beasts away from the ball joint.

v7guy

Dec 4, 2011
265/75/16 treadwright gaurd dogs here, definitely need a lift and wheel spacers to fit and had to trim a bit of the front bumper in the wheel well area. I haven't had any trouble in the sand and through the couple of flooding events we've had they've been good and resistant to hydroplaning, looking forward to the summer and the spring!

Vicompc

Dec 5, 2011
I'm running Michelin Laitute Tour 245/17's they a great tire. Very quiet and they handle great in the rain.

Hotness

Dec 7, 2011
I am running a set of BFGoodrich Mud Terrain KM2s 305/65r17 They are awesome and have gotten me through alot. I survived the blizzard last winter and never once got stuck in anything, even though they are supposed to not be very good in snow. Truck rides very smooth with these on dry pavement.

Shdwdrgn

Dec 4, 2011
Big-O Bigfoot M+S 265/70-16. The new tires had maybe 1/4" of clearance, so I ground down the outer corner of the upper ball joints slightly. No spacers or lift, but I do have Mark's 3/4" shims up front (not quite level, but much better than stock).

I've not seen any signs of rubbing through this Summer, and the tires give me good grip on snow. Also very quiet out on the highway!

DocBrown

Dec 8, 2011
Firestone Destination LE on the stock 245/65-17 wheels. I've had them about 2 years, maybe 30k miles. They are excellent, especially in the rain. My only complaint about them is that because they are essentially a glorified P-rated tire, they are not the best for towing. I add 3-4 extra pounds in them for towing my travel trailer.

fishsticks

Nov 21, 2011
Treadwright Guard Dogs in LT35x12.5x17. BFG KM2 carcasses, old-style MTR tread pattern. Traction is not a problem and the TB has enough grunt to spin them and clean them out. They've never loaded up on me and will hold onto 8" wheels at 10psi.

I tried putting one of the 37x14x15 IROKs from my Yota on the TB today. It would fit in back if I pulled the rear bumper. Not a chance up front. :biggrin:

NeWtIcUs

Dec 6, 2011
Michelin Latitude Tour FTW!

I love these tires. I got the truck with aged Firestone Destination LE's and replaced them with the Michelin's. MAN!!!!...What a difference.

Seriously, I've never had all-season tires that grip in the snow/ice of Minnesota and cruise quietly and smoothly on long summer trips better than these babies! :cool:

Unless I do the conversion to full "SS" territory or decide to become a Roadie follower, I will buy these tires again and again and again. (However, by the third time I hit "again",
the mileage should be well over 200k!!!):wootwoot:

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
Started out with the Michelin Cross Terrains - the OEM's lasted 85,000 miles and still had lots of tread. I replaced them b/c they were getting dry rot cracked.

Bought another set of Cross Terrains. No luck the 2nd time around. After about 30,000 miles, they were looking pretty bad.

I bought a set of Firestone Destination A/T's and love them. You will not find an A/T tire as quiet as the Firestones. They look good on the Envoy, and are awesome in the snow/ice. However, in the rain they suck - I find myself spinning the wheels inadvertently sometimes when the light turns green! :lipsrsealed:

sevendj

Dec 9, 2011
MichEnvoyGuy said:
Started out with the Michelin Cross Terrains - the OEM's lasted 85,000 miles and still had lots of tread. I replaced them b/c they were getting dry rot cracked.

Bought another set of Cross Terrains. No luck the 2nd time around. After about 30,000 miles, they were looking pretty bad.

I bought a set of Firestone Destination A/T's and love them. You will not find an A/T tire as quiet as the Firestones. They look good on the Envoy, and are awesome in the snow/ice. However, in the rain they suck - I find myself spinning the wheels inadvertently sometimes when the light turns green! :lipsrsealed:

Hmm... I ran ~65k on my first set of Cross Terrains, and I too am repurchasing the same set. I sure hope I have more luck than you! Good to hear about the noise level for the firestone though - I'll keep that in mind.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
MichEnvoyGuy said:

I've noticed this more recently too. They didn't spin quite as much when new, but with 30k miles on them they do in the rain from a stop a bit easier. We'll see how they do this winter in the snow with 30k+ vs last winter when they were brand new. They still look good tread-wise.

Trailshaman

Dec 7, 2011
Im running Cooper AT3s 245/70/16 I really like them have great traction everywhere ive gone. I havnt tried them in snow yet though. Wished i gone a lil bit bigger in tire size tho.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online