What size transmission pan doe’s the 07 Saab 97x 5.3i have

Sprung Monkey

Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
Al
What size transmission pan doe’s the 07 Saab 97x 5.3i have

I just installed the transmission cooler there wasn’t much room in there. But it’s in.

When I cut the lower metal line I observed some dark redish fuild didn’t smell but I think it mite be a good idea to swap in a new fliter and maybe a gallon of trans fuild

To mix in w/ the fuild that can’t be completely drained was gonna let her drip over night.

I’m unsure that these SUVs ( I think the trans is a 4L60E) came w/ 2 ¼” and 2 7/8” shallow pan should I be mearsureing the pans depth?

Thanks SM

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Sprung Monkey

Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
Al
the 07 97x 5.3i has a step down in front portion of pan, so I order for deep pan.

will the door lable revelve what type of transmission the 97x has? would like to know if it's a 4L6oe or something else?

if I remember correctly when swapping in a new fliter the two bolts that hold the shift linkage there threads must be covered w/ permatext?
thanks SM

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I was able to pull the pan without taking out the shifter cable bracket. Just bent it a little. It's a b!tch to remove those bolts.

All GMT360 have the 4L60E.

Reactions: xavierny25

Sprung Monkey

Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
Al
OK gmt360s are differnt than on my car the shifter cable bracket has bolts though the pan.

if I do remove these bolts that hold the shift linkage there threads must be covered w/ permatext?

I have read the 4L70E is a problematic trans. is this true or false?
thanks

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I can't access YT from work. Search on YouTube for May03LT's video on how to change the transmission fluid on a Trailblazer. Same thing as the 9-7x. Look also for the method by disconnecting the cooler hose. Cuts down on the mess.

I don't think those bolts have any Permatex or Threadlocker AFAIK.

The 4L70E is basically the same transmission as the 4L60E with heavy duty parts.

Sprung Monkey

Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
Al
OK excellent is this the man w/ the foul language?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online