What parts are needed to covert from LT to LS headlights?

GeoGoGo

Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
Upstate NY
Hi Everyone,

I am looking to replace my scratched up headlight assemblies. I have a 2007 LT and since there are no aftermarket options, I was thinking of converting to LS assemblies. What parts do I need to do this? Is it just the grill, crossbar, and headlamps or do I need to bumper cover too? I know that using the SS grill will leave a big gap between it and the bumper.

Thank you all for the time! Have a great day!

Respectfully,
George D.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
All you'll need are the LS headlights and LS grill w/ crossbar. You can keep your bumper cover. I have an LT bumper cover on my LS.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I know that using the SS grill will leave a big gap between it and the bumper.

All you'll need are the LS headlights and LS grill w/ crossbar.

Having the LS grille along with an LT/SS bumper will leave a gap at the bottom. Changing from the LT grille, to the SS grille would cover all openings, but they are hard to find, and expensive as hell when you do find one, due to their rarity.

Another option is to get a used LS cross bar, and cut off the ends that fit into the LS lights, color match them to your LT grille. That would be the cheapest option. One member did that, I can't remember his screen name to find the pics he posted. I liked the look, others not to much. :twocents:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Reactions: Blckshdw

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Brain fart, yeah he would have that gap due to him still having an LT bumper. OP could get an LT mesh grill like me and cover up the headlight opening with LS grill crossbar end cut off and attached to the headlights, or just cover the small openings in the LS headlights with vinyl or Electrical tape like I did.

Riktar

Sep 1, 2017
Neosho, WI
Along the original post of going from an LT to an LS front end.....

TbFronDamage.jpg

I figured both headlights, grill and bumper but what is the item called that they mount to? Looks like some plastic is damaged behind all of this which I will guess I need to pick up as well.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I can find the aftermarket headlights in a lot of places, and even some custom projector styles. Is there something I am missing?

Projector..

Stock..

Is there something I am missing?... Nevermind, I see this is an old thread..

Along the original post of going from an LT to an LS front end.....

View attachment 98569

I figured both headlights, grill and bumper but what is the item called that they mount to? Looks like some plastic is damaged behind all of this which I will guess I need to pick up as well.
The thing you are looking for is the header panel..

Reactions: Mooseman and Riktar

Riktar

Sep 1, 2017
Neosho, WI
Ah...Header Panel.

Thanks for the links and info TollKeeper!!!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigboylove

Members Online