What pads are you running?

Falcon LS

Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
Just wondering what pads everyone has installed on their truck. When I got my truck at 56k miles, it still had the factory pads with 25% left, so I went ahead and replaced them. I favor the Bendix CT-3 pads where available and that's what I went with. No noise, no brake dust and the brakes were quite grabby over the factory pads. If memory serves me right, the edge code on the fronts were also GG.

The other week, I needed to adjust my parking brake and noticed the pads were going to need replacement soon. I should have waited it out and ordered a new set of CT-3's from the States, but I wanted to get the job out the way. Dealer was closed (weekend), so instead of going with the factory pads in the brown box, I went with Hawk HPS pads. I didn't check for edge codes and went purely on reviews.

The usual ritual is to replace both front and rear pads, apply some CRC anti-squeal on the back of the pads, treat the caliper pins with Motorcraft's dialectic grease (brake specific) and replace the fluid with a quality DOT 4. The HPS seems to dust a lot more than the CT-3's and the brakes aren't as grabby. I'll keep them on there until they're due for replacement, but I'm going back to the CT-3's for the next brake job.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
The power stop ceramics that came with the brakemotive kit. Going on 55k miles. Not sure what's left but will update when I yank the wheel off. Oem was replaced at around 80k miles.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Akebono Pro Act but I think when they wear out I am going to try the Centric Performance Fleet pads.

Slightly harder on the rotors but if they are quiet then I will stick with them. The Akebono's are quiet but with trailering I want a little more grab. I don't mind the dust and accelerated rotor wear if they stop better.

tblazerdude

Dec 4, 2011
centric fleet performance. make sure you go through an embedding process, or the pads will leave material on the rotors, as is such with all high performance pads. best pads I have ever used on any vehicle.

Envoy_04

Jul 1, 2013
Whatever the top line Wearever pad is from Advance. I think platinum. They've served me well on the S10 for a few years so when the Voy recently needed a set that's what I went with.

kickass audio

Aug 25, 2012
Since I am fed up with advance auto I have been big on going to car quest for things I don't feel like waiting for online. I have been using their ceramic brakes in front and rear. I think they are raybestos but I could be wrong. Also using their rotors. I have had them on for about 10k now and haven't had any problems. The only time they squeal is when they get that surface rust on the rotor from being rained on while it is parked. Other than that they are nice and quiet and haven't had any problem stopping.

BayWolf

Apr 18, 2012
MS
I have the original OEM pads on a 2003 LT with 232,000 miles. Still grab as good as the day I drove it off the lot. No dust.

On a 2003 EXT LT we bought used in 2009, I've had a caliper go bad which tore through a set of Monroe ceramic pads. The Monroes worked fine, but are too dusty for my likes. I just replaced the front left caliper, rotor, and pads (Wagner ThermoQuiet ceramics this time) last weekend.

triz

Apr 22, 2013
I've used the Hawk and while I loved there stopping power, just hated the dust. I also did not like hitting the brakes and sounding like a city bus when it stops.

Akebono ProAct...okay, pricey but coming from the Hawks, they were ok. They did last a long time. I'm at 132k now.

Just bought the Wearever platinum with new hardware should have those on this weekend.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnnnyj

Members Online