What online sites have you bought rims from? Reviews Please!

Mikey J 23

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
I know there is a sticky list of possible links, but I want some personal reviews. Where did you buy your rims online? Quality? Customer Service? and most importantly... would you buy from them again?

I see tons of sites, but I also see a lot of bad experiences. Looking for the some feedback from a group of knowledgeable TB owners... hey... this might be that kind of place...

Looking for some honest answers, good, bad, or otherwise share your experience. :undecided: Advertise your happy customer story :yes: or chuck them under the bus! :hissyfit:

Thanks in advance for your time and hopefully helping myself along with others on this site make a more educated choice of where to purchase wheels from online. :thumbsup:

Mikey J 23

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
Well I will start us off.

Our bolt pattern is hard to find... any TB owner knows this. I purchased a set of 22" Wheels from RIMS4LESSNYC on ebay as they take blanks and drill them to our pattern. Lots of good feedback, good seller rating, etc... I received the wheels in a reasonable time frame and had them mounted/balanced. Got home and the next day took out the Mother's to hand polish them and seal. I found one wheel where about a 1" by 2" section of chrome came right up as it had not adhered to the nickel. Manufacturing defects are normal and all the rest inspected fine. So I contacted the seller as he advertised 2 year finish warranty/ Lifetime defect warranty and I had just received them. He said he would deal with the manufacturer and get me a replacement wheel, but it would take a few weeks as it had been a blank that they drilled. Gave me weekly updates on the status of the replacement wheel moving from one stage to the next and then nothing. He stopped communicating after 5 weeks.

So I called the manufacturer directly. They knew who I was talking about, said they sold them to him discontinued with no warranty or replacement option and that he was well aware of that... as he lied to me weekly. This guy is a scammer, avoid him at all costs, I have an EBay case open. They read all the communications back and forth, also called manufacturer, and are issuing me a full refund.

Found out he has many names for his site, so beware! I have listed the ones I know below. I am now looking at a set from Tirerack, but looking for other recommendations and hoping that this thread will save our members a little hassle/money.

:no: BEWARE:
RIMS4LESSNYC - EBAY
RVMRACINGWHEELS - SITE
BIGWHEELSNYC - SITE

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online