What nerf bars?

Short Bus

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
I know I've seen pics of nerf bars that angle up at the ends and ride higher so they don't hurt ground clearance as bad. I searched, but couldn't find a pic. I really don't want bars or boards, but my wife is having trouble getting in to Short Bus after her surgery and it doesn't seem to be getting any easier, so I'm looking for something that doesn't look that bad. If I can't find the nerf bars I'm looking for, I might get these.

[EBAY]120789793222[/EBAY]

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Short Bus said:
I know I've seen pics of nerf bars that angle up at the ends and ride higher so they don't hurt ground clearance as bad. I searched, but couldn't find a pic. I really don't want bars or boards, but my wife is having trouble getting in to Short Bus after her surgery and it doesn't seem to be getting any easier, so I'm looking for something that doesn't look that bad. If I can't find the nerf bars I'm looking for, I might get these.

[EBAY]120789793222[/EBAY]

I just got the OEM running boards off of High Voltage, and LOVE THEM! I like the look of the nerf bars, but there is no way I could balance on them in a pair of heels lol I tried once and failed miserably. I guess it's up to the driver. I like boards better than bars :undecided:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Yeah I would get a pair of boards instead of the bars!! It will be much easier for your wife to get into the truck with a board since you have more space for her to step onto the board! :thumbsup:

Would be awesome if there were running boards that hide once out of park to drive but come back out once your in park!

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
Yeah I would get a pair of boards instead of the bars!! It will be much easier for your wife to get into the truck with a board since you have more space for her to step onto the board! :thumbsup:

Would be awesome if there were running boards that hide once out of park to drive but come back out once your in park!

Hubby was thinking of trying to make a sliding board mod where the boards slide under the truck with a push of a button....I think he is asking for a BIG uh oh lol I would trust someone more mechanically inclined to do it if hubby came up with the drawing plans. But that would be awesome!! :thumbsup:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Me007gold said:
POWERSTEP, no option for trailblazer though.

Cool...but the gap is ugly as hell lol I would do it some how or some way with OEM boards.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Me007gold said:
:confused: The steps are only down when the doors are open. any other time the steps are up

I like the look of the running boards though, it was just a thought based off of Sam's comment lol. But then again, I like my roof rack too :biggrin:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Me007gold said:
POWERSTEP, no option for trailblazer though.
Awwww, for anybody with the $1114 to buy these, they could surely adapt the Tahoe versions. :wink:

For less than $1114, you could buy a $10 plastic step stool and pay a kid to run around and deploy it whenever needed.

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
ItsOnVoy said:

Or a suspension system that would lower the truck closer to the ground while parked. I've seen it on the Internet, but the price was around $1600.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Wow those are expensive but really cool!! Seems like they only have those for the bigger truck over ours! that gap is actually great if you ask me!! After all they do hide once out of park. I think it would be pretty hard to make our OEM ones do that, there will be a lot of trimming with them and long nights lol Our truck are low enough to where I can see why they do not have something like this for them, now our Yukon is pretty high up so I even use the running boards with that truck but hate them on mine.

DJones said:
Or a suspension system that would lower the truck closer to the ground while parked. I've seen it on the Internet, but the price was around $1600.

Well you could bag the truck so it does that when parked! :yes: But bagging it isnt cheap either :no:

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
I think it would be pretty hard to make our OEM ones do that, there will be a lot of trimming with them and long nights

On the new model Tahoes/Suburbans/Esclades GM offers a product like this as a factory option.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Me007gold said:
On the new model Tahoes/Suburbans/Esclades GM offers a product like this as a factory option.

Really? Well is that only if you special order your truck? Because when we got our Yukon the dealer never offered something like this!

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Really? Well is that only if you special order your truck? Because when we got our Yukon the dealer never offered something like this!

No clue, When I use to valet, I saw them all the time, though, seemed like a fairly common option.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Me007gold said:

these are also an option on the Mercury SUV's.. i believe its called the Mountaineer or the Mariner.. i cant remember which.. but i was at an SPL Drag contest and a mercury had those style boards on it... was slick too...

and i found this pic with a quick google search Shawn.. i know you said you didnt want the nerf bars... but heres what i found.. and they are called Weston Sport Tubes..

View attachment 19150

Attachments

• 2006TBSSside.jpg
    2006TBSSside.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 63

Short Bus

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
Thanks Juan, those are the ones I has looking for. $300 is a little steep for a mod I hope to be selling before long + I couldn't find them in black. I'll probably get the boards or black nerfs. I just don't think SS will look good on my truck.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Short Bus said:
Thanks Juan, those are the ones I has looking for. $300 is a little steep for a mod I hope to be selling before long + I couldn't find them in black. I'll probably get the boards or black nerfs. I just don't think SS will look good on my truck.

yea i hear ya... and i dont agree with the bars on SS' period... no need for them on a performance SUV... but thats just my opinion.. to each there own on these things ya know..

Short Bus

Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
Boricua SS said:
yea i hear ya... and i dont agree with the bars on SS' period... no need for them on a performance SUV... but thats just my opinion.. to each there own on these things ya know..

By SS I meant Stainless steel

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Short Bus said:
By SS I meant Stainless steel

:duh: i knew that :crackup:

but i still feel the same on nerf bars and SS' :rotfl:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member